2019 Predictions

Sorry to interrupt the knitting circle....revising after seeing almost every corps this Summer

1. Atlanta CV

2. Reading

3. Caballeros

4. Bushwackers

5. White Sabres

6. Fusion 

7. Tradition

8. Hurricanes

9. Southern Knights

10. Sunrisers

1. Gold

2. Skyliners

3. Governaires

4. Saints

17 hours ago, KeithHall said:

Predictions?

Just look at the results from next show and there you go

yeah finals debunked that theory last year

• Like 3

On 6/25/2019 at 6:24 PM, Algernon said:

Eliminate those complaining about the lack of railings at Championship site and DCP might as well delete the ALL AGE forums

May you never get to the point where lack of railing is a serious safety issue..... and don’t want to relive those memories so stopping here

s/ corps mate with the spouse that BigW mentioned...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

On 6/28/2019 at 11:55 AM, Jeff Ream said:

it's stadium policy pretty much everywhere but whatever name Stadium in 2006 in Rochester as Ernesto blew through prelims. Honestly anyone sane would have left, but for those of us dumb enough to be there and not be paid to be there or marching, it became like a badge of honor to stick it out

Missed that but still have the dvds. But... not all the corps as the crew packed up everything few corps to go at Prelims as weather got so bad. CV prelims is there but half the show has no sound. And someone (Chops or MCL) got recorded after Alumni show as they weren’t recorded at Prelims and missed Finals. 

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

May you never get to the point where lack of railing is a serious safety issue..... and don’t want to relive those memories so stopping here

s/ corps mate with the spouse that BigW mentioned...

all a matter of context James......the DCA forum is nothing more than a select few folks sharing recipes and complaining about DCA.

No talk about the possibility 3 corps could win in Williamsport

No talk about the chances that Bush can fill the blanks with talent (like 2018) and bring their design to light.

No talk about the potential for Fusion to develop their show into the most emotional one at Finals

No talk about a much improved Southern Knights and their move to Open Class.

Instead it's a constant stream of negativity about what DCA doesn't do.....plus some reviews by the pompous Big W guy (aka Captain Obvious)

Jim, you seem like a good guy. I wish you the best.

5 minutes ago, Algernon said:

all a matter of context James......the DCA forum is nothing more than a select few folks sharing recipes and complaining about DCA.

No talk about the chances that Bush can fill the blanks with talent (like 2018) and bring their design to light.

No talk about the potential for Fusion to develop their show into the most emotional one at Finals

Instead it's a constant stream of negativity about what DCA doesn't do.....plus some reviews by the pompous Big W guy (aka Captain Obvious)

Well you could start something if you have info. Not sure why participation on DCA side has dropped but stuff throw at the people who are there isn’t helping the points you bring up.

And know BigW personally and know he (like some others posting and myself) have some things in the background that lets him (and rest of us) see things that others might not notice or think important 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I gotta say, the "Big W guy" is pretty far from being pompous. 

Opinionated? Sure. Pompous? Not even close. Not the guy I know.

You're right... there's a decent bit of DCA complaining here. But I also see positive stuff. And just simply not enough traffic on the DCA forums. 

7 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Missed that but still have the dvds. But... not all the corps as the crew packed up everything few corps to go at Prelims as weather got so bad. CV prelims is there but half the show has no sound. And someone (Chops or MCL) got recorded after Alumni show as they weren’t recorded at Prelims and missed Finals. 

MCL got to perform on Sunday to get video/audio

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Algernon said:

with so few shows, and the fact that actually speaking up about shows gets you trashed by people tied to corps whose butts get hurt if you don't gush praise upon them, this form has slowed down a lot.

it could also be that DCA isn't doing a #### thing to grow the fan base too. I know thats a complaint, but it's also a harsh reality.

And since I haven't seen all 3 corps you say could win in person ( 2 I have), and late July viewings never indicate anything for Labor Day weekend, who knows what could happen

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1