2019 Predictions

6 hours ago, Algernon said:

all a matter of context James......the DCA forum is nothing more than a select few folks sharing recipes and complaining about DCA.

So... along the lines of what Jim said... start a thread about the good stuff going on with DCA.

But start it without an insult of the few regular posters here.

You keep posting insults,  don't expect anyone to take you seriously. But if you want to start an honest, positive dialogue about predictions, an upcoming show, how much some corps have improved, or whatever, then I and others will be on board with you. 

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 4

Lack of DCA information here is a topic that bothers me.  This place (DCP) was/could have been a valuable tool.  It appears everyone is just letting things up to Facebook and other individual, corps-specific sites for communication to a broader audience.  Makes no sense to me. Very few want to visit 12-20 unique websites to remain up-to-date. With a site like DCP, every All-Age message gets out together, at one time. The opportunity for cross-chatter is not only greater, but a lot more fun for enthusiasts.

There is no way I am going to do Facebook. Nor other places like Twitter, Reddit where things are mostly "Hi. Here's a cute picture of my cat."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Lack of DCA information here is a topic that bothers me.  This place (DCP) was/could have been a valuable tool.  It appears everyone is just letting things up to Facebook and other individual, corps-specific sites for communication to a broader audience.  Makes no sense to me. Very few want to visit 12-20 unique websites to remain up-to-date. With a site like DCP, every All-Age message gets out together, at one time. The opportunity for cross-chatter is not only greater, but a lot more fun for enthusiasts.

There is no way I am going to do Facebook. Nor other places like Twitter, Reddit where things are mostly "Hi. Here's a cute picture of my cat."

well...i have said a zillion times....DCA marketing is uh....um.....where is it again?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fred Windish said:

Actually, both DCP's and DCA's FB pages are usually tamer than some of what happens on here, and pretty informative sometimes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

Actually, both DCP's and DCA's FB pages are usually tamer than some of what happens on here, and pretty informative sometimes.

Then there is the rest of FB... 😩

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Then there is the rest of FB... 😩

Yeah, then I just invoke "Keep calm (& maybe smirk a little) and scroll on".

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

Yeah, then I just invoke "Keep calm (& maybe smirk a little) and scroll on".

I don’t mind different opinions.... it’s the posts that, well, make me appreciate my mental health turned me off.... That and all those training sessions at work regarding protecting personal info while on social media...

• Like 1

well Box5, Flo definitely lowered their game tonight, so you only have to suck a little to be better than they were.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

it could also be that DCA isn't doing a #### thing to grow the fan base too. I know thats a complaint, but it's also a harsh reality.

It’s way to late for that now . 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well Box5, Flo definitely lowered their game tonight, so you only have to suck a little to be better than they were.

Need your coffee pot quote from another thread..... interesting thought as Indy stadium should be beefed up internet setup since NFL stadium.

and Willies Port in comparison 🙄

Edited by JimF-LowBari