2019 Predictions

3 hours ago, BigW said:

Also betting Aunt Mabel or Uncle John will ask if I marched CV or have a kid in it when I show up in the hat and T-Shirt. I loathe that. Also predicting someone will yell like an overhyped Band Mom "THEY'RE ALWAYS READYYYYYY!" who can't come up with something better when the announcer asks the corps because they learned it from other band Moms... and another part of me will die inside.

I think we should scream "Meh!! I guess so!!"

3 hours ago, BigW said:

We get a bucket and some craft beer... oh yeah...

Pomme frites and craft brew?

Sounds like a plan!!! :thumbup:

12 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Nice early-season showdown between Bucs and CV coming up in Landisville, with Bush and Sabers also there.

The first show of my "just a fan" tour.  :tongue:  Trust me, it's a short tour this summer.  LOL.

Black Knight

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

My only hope is that some wonderful soul will Periscope it since we apparently have literally ZERO streaming options for DCA this year. So if anyone happens to be there and would like to stream I would REALLY appreciate it....

/batseyes

there's no money in it for providers. if you can't get 5,000 fans for finals how are you going to get enough to pay for streaming in a way that doesn't lose money?

14 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

there's no money in it for providers. if you can't get 5,000 fans for finals how are you going to get enough to pay for streaming in a way that doesn't lose money?

Oh I absolutely agree 100%. Though I will say, streaming can b done in a lot of different ways. We live stream just about every pool tournament on every pool tour in the world in some way, shape or form. There are certainly differences, but if a bunch of pool players can figure out how to run a tournament and get it streamed (for free,) then DCA should be able to do something. I'm sure the licensing issues are pretty overwhelming though. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever

11 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Oh I absolutely agree 100%. Though I will say, streaming can b done in a lot of different ways. We live stream just about every pool tournament on every pool tour in the world in some way, shape or form. There are certainly differences, but if a bunch of pool players can figure out how to run a tournament and get it streamed (for free,) then DCA should be able to do something. I'm sure the licensing issues are pretty overwhelming though. 

well, DCA had Flo....and then the venue had wifi issues that made it worthless...or was that Fan network before Flo?

then of course gotta plug in the coffee pot!

I think with  Flo, DCA overestimated the viewers that they would bring, even if the numbers were OK DCA had given some crazy estimate as to how many would watch a stream. DCA.s estimates of economic impact are crazy and while any money spent in a town helps it, when you say you will being 10 million and wind up with 20% of that it hurts your future prospects for getting a good deal whether town, venue or streaming service

Do the Caballeros and CV have a chance or is this another Reading victory tour?

Can the Hurricanes jump to the next level with Bush and White Sabres?

Looks like the loss of guard staff has dropped Fusion out of any medal contention.

Thoughts on Tradition breaking into top 6?

Looks like Sunrisers and Southern Knights will be happy just having 2 performances. Shame, Sunrisers had several years of growth and were poised to jump to medal contention....

15 minutes ago, Algernon said:

Do the Caballeros and CV have a chance or is this another Reading victory tour?

Can the Hurricanes jump to the next level with Bush and White Sabres?

We'll have a better idea about all of that after Landisville and Clifton, I would think.

Great start for the Hurricanes at the Barnum  Festival. It would be nice to see them back in the top-tier mix. 

• Like 1