DCI Tour Premier Detroit, MI - June 20, 2019

3 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

I think its fair to say Bloo won but the gap will be interesting. My only worry is whether they have left enough room for improvement. Otherwise it is like their 2013 year.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Huh? 2013? They were 5th/6th for literally the entire season. They never beat any of the top four at any point in the season (Crown, BD, Cadets and SCV) and never lost to anyone below them all season. Them and Regiment battled back and forth from day one until the last day for 5th place!

Are you referring to 2017?

Edited by queenanne_1536

1 minute ago, cfirwin3 said:

I don't think Boston has an edge on Crown. Curious as to your thoughts on it.

I think they’re ahead in guard and visual and GE JMO 

I actually think Crowns uniforms may hurt GE

I don’t like the Beatles music and Bluecoats were worth the price of admission. (Something I wouldn’t have said last year, for perspective)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Crown was our theater's fan favorite, and I was quite surprised that not many people were really cheering for the bluecoat's show. That is the definition of a crowd pleasing show.

At Ford Field, it wasn’t even close ... Bloo was the crowd’s favorite. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Crown was our theater's fan favorite, and I was quite surprised that not many people were really cheering for the bluecoat's show. That is the definition of a crowd pleasing show.

I'm not a huge Beatles fan, but even I really enjoyed it!

Quite a bit of love for Crown here too, which was nice to see. That hasn't been the case as of late.

• Like 2

1 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

2 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

I think its fair to say Bloo won but the gap will be interesting. My only worry is whether they have left enough room for improvement. Otherwise it is like their 2013 year.

Huh? 2013? They were 5th/6th for literally the entire season. They never beat any of the top four at any point in the season (Crown, BD, Cadets and SCV) and never lost to anyone below them all season. Them and Regiment battled back and forth from day one until the last day for 5th place?

Are you referring to 2017?

2017 is a better example fair point. What I meant was their 2013 show had the personnel to be a 4th or even 3rd place show but the show itself wasn't challenging enough. I could be wrong but that's my take