DCI Tour Premier Detroit, MI - June 20, 2019

6 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

2017 is a better example fair point. What I meant was their 2013 show had the personnel to be a 4th or even 3rd place show but the show itself wasn't challenging enough. I could be wrong but that's my take

posted from the DrumScorps app

This is exactly my concern for the Bluecoats as soon as I found out they were doing the Beatles. 

Terrible parallel here but I played a lot of Rock Band in college and played the Beatles edition on expert drums in one pass.

I guess my point is- it's hard to both stay true to Beatles music and have difficult content musically.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

I tend to ignore opening scores as they typically follow last year 

JMO 

Usually I agree but this recap is very interesting. Still shocked to see bluecoats vis prof down so low as I’ve thought of them as a visually clean corps when it comes down to individual work. Brass is tight as can be and guard is exactly as expected lol. Glad to see how tight these top 3 are and you can actually see from the recaps the corps strengths that most everyone agrees on when you actually watch the show (Boston guard is top, Crown brass is top, Blue has the GE)

Gotta agree with the caption scores for tonight, but man, I was impressed by the corps' shows! Good job

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Bloo winning GE AND percussion is just what they needed.  They have their drumming game back.

Horns are good too.

Of all the captions, don’t base all your opinions on percussion off one show. More so than any other caption, maybe just because I was a percussionist and think this, but the percussion judges always seemed to call it how it is more so than any other judges. A judge like prosperie won’t hesitate to drop you if you have a rough run. String together multiple wins and you know you got the goods.

• Like 1

Blue Stars opening scores, since returning to D1\World

2019- 65.45
2018-  62.0
2017- 64.15
2016- 61.9
2015- 60.95
2014- 63.8
2013- 63.1
2012-  62.7
2011- 64.75
2010- 74.0
2009- 66.2
2008- 62.5
2007- 62.65
2006- 61.175

It probably doesnt mean anything, but i was curious so figured id post for others too. 

Just now, wilme861 said:

Of all the captions, don’t base all your opinions on percussion off one show. More so than any other caption, maybe just because I was a percussionist and think this, but the percussion judges always seemed to call it how it is more so than any other judges. A judge like prosperie won’t hesitate to drop you if you have a rough run. String together multiple wins and you know you got the goods.

My observation is in the context of last year's... situation.

For Bloo to win drums against Crown Boston and Cadets is a good thing.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Me too

the use of color and scale and shape

Bloo was just incredible 

brass line = WOW

The consensus of those in the theater was Bluecoats is definitely going to be a medal contender. Boston has a far better designed show than Crown and the BAC guard is simply fabulous. Crowns brass is the diamond in their production, but there are no visual WOW moments to be found. Guard is blah. 

Tammy Faye was the talk of the town around us between performances. Loved her nails. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1