DCI Tour Premier Detroit, MI - June 20, 2019

4 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I don't think you missed anything. After finally seeing a video of BAC (tonight's show - thank you to the person who sent it to me), I agree. Crown's show is more mature and has more content from a brass and visual standpoint. Boston's guard is GLORIOUS though. I'm a guard person, so I will be loving BAC all season for that, but it's a 5th/6th place show. 

Totally agree. Crown shocked me with the depth of the visual design and obviously the music. Boston was phenomenal (especially the guard), but the ballad is a major weak spot for me right now.

Also, Crown has a lot of room to grow I think.

Edited by DASCFan
  • Like 5

I'm off... to dream happy blue thoughts.

Have a good night all!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

I think most of the Cadets' shows in the mid 2000s were weird.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Now that I think about it you’re 100% right. That was indeed a very strange period of programming choices for Cadets. 

3 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

The CONSTANT narration really kills the enjoyment of the show for me, it's very juvenile.

It is juvenile. Most narration is just corny. But that guard. Love!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, crownisking said:

Cadets did a Jethro Tull show in ‘04. It was weird.

It’s a show that I honestly feel would have been a better fit for the Bluecoats or Crossmen, not the Cadets.

1 minute ago, Lance said:

not 2006, though

2006 was especially weird. Could you perhaps be thinking of 2007’s This I Believe?

1 minute ago, DASCFan said:

Totally agree. Crown shocked me with the depth of the visual design and obviously the music. Boston was phenomenal (especially the guard), but the ballad is a major weak spot for me right now.

This year's Crown show reminds me of the designs of 2009, 2012, 2013 and 2015 (later in the season) in that they are championship caliber designs. They should be very successful this season with this show.

• Like 3

Just now, crownisking said:

2006 was especially weird. Could you perhaps be thinking of 2007’s This I Believe?

i was being ironical

2005 was "that's out there, but it's powerful and well done" weird

2006 was "I need to find a way to categorize what I just saw, and avoid ever seeing anything in that category again" weird

• Thanks 4