DCI Tour Premier Detroit, MI - June 20, 2019

4 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

I think most of the Cadets' shows in the mid 2000s were weird.

posted from the DrumScorps app

I love weird, that’s why Blue Knights have been my favorite of the non-contenders for the past 5 years or so (excluding last year). I always appreciate when corps take a risk and go “out there” with a design. Gives me some variety to look forward to when I go to shows.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I have that same spidey sense about Bluecoats that I did in 2016. 

That is what I said to my wife when Bluecoats were done tonight! I thought 2016 when I watched them. Honestly, Bluecoats were the only corps I was entertained by tonight. They were the only corps that was fresh and exciting. Absolutely love the 2019 Bluecoats! I was a bit surprised how close Crown and Boston were to Bluecoats. I thought Bluecoats were on a different level tonight.

• Like 9

Just now, wilme861 said:

I love weird, that’s why Blue Knights have been my favorite of the non-contenders for the past 5 years or so (excluding last year). I always appreciate when corps take a risk and go “out there” with a design. Gives me some variety to look forward to when I go to shows.

I LOVED BK in 2014-2016. The last two years have been a struggle, but I always look forward to seeing what they do. Too bad they aren't at Stanford this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I LOVED BK in 2014-2016. The last two years have been a struggle, but I always look forward to seeing what they do. Too bad they aren't at Stanford this year.

I loved the 17 show “i” and that ending of hide and seek was musically one of my favorite pieces of the year. Actually, I’ll go on and say musically they had my favorite book of the year, visually well we don’t need to talk about that part lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spatzzz said:

So Cadets having a snare drummer and man beat up a woman on the stairs probably not a smart design choice given the corps recent history. Maybe it's just me, and I'm not easily offended, but that was cringe worthy and about as bad of optics as you could get.

Seriously? I haven't seen them yet. Not only is that a poor design choice, it's just dumb. LOL. Still love their look and the props, so can't wait to see them.

10 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

It’s a show that I honestly feel would have been a better fit for the Bluecoats or Crossmen, not the Cadets.

Yeah I could see that. I couldn’t see today’s Crossmen doing it but I can definitely see the 2000’s version of Crossmen doing a Jethro Tull show.