DCI Tour Premier Detroit, MI - June 20, 2019

5 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Two items I missed:

Saw only Bloo and PR shirts at the theater. We were, of course, "wearing Crown" as they say on the Red Carpet.

There wasn't any DCI Trivia before the event. 😞

They had trivia at our theater, was amassed how educated the younger generation that was sitting behind me were !! then I realized the questions were on a loop, and I did not get to the theater early enough to become a super genius.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

No, they don’t come.  They hate drum corps now.  

I marched in RA alumni for two years while my kid was marching junior corps.  I heard that #### for two years.  Two solid years. 

No, this is just your garden variety mental case types. 

I still don't get that LOL. I had to play a pro league last night so I didn't get to watch the theater show. But last time I did, it was pretty much the same thing only worse. A few high schools in the area had a bunch of kids come out and their parents were with them. All I heard from some of the parents all night was how much their high school bands could compete with DCI corps. I couldn't even respond. 

We have a few vets here in the area that I see every year at shows, most of us are from Spirit, Sky Ryders and Southwind and we all hang together at events and talk #### about each other in good fun. We do have a Crown family here in town and they're a lot of fun. But we NEVER claim that we could compete at the level these cats do now. No way in ####. The members now are just so far beyond what we did drill and GE wise. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Aren't all theatres doing specific seats now?

Ours didn't last year when I went. It wouldn't be a bad thing though. 

6 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

She didn’t care.  The woman to her left had purchased the seat she was in but she wasn’t moving, come hell or high waters.   

I would have handled it much differently than she did.  I would have done what I do at shows.  I would have gotten an usher and had them remove her.   I don’t argue with these people any more. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

The theatre I was in definitely wasn't doing specific seats. 

It was a pretty good crowd in the one I went to. Although I wanted to punch the guy that decided to bring a plastic bag (ala Walmart)  that he was rustling throughout the Boston and Crown shows. He definitely got some hateful looks from the people around me.

• Haha 1

I think each corps should do a run through in the stadium prior to the show and the film crew should be watching. I am sure five of last night’s competitors would agree, but it has nothing to do with filming.  The quality was excellent as far as filming was concerned, but there were far too many close ups and not enough views of the entire show, at least not for me. Maybe it’s been this way for a while. A last minute change of plans kept me from going to the premier last year and I try to be in Indy for prelims so I do not go to a Big, Loud, and Live, but I felt something was missing last night and it wasn’t the on the part of the competitors. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ShortAndFast said:

Blue Stars were pretty good. I was kind of surprised they were 2 points behind Cadets.

I could not agree more, but they actually were less than 2 points behind Cadets, only 1.650 behind to be precise.  Many in the theater I was at thought Blue Stars should have beat them...heck several thought phantom should have beat them.  I will take less than a 2 point gap for the first show any day.  I believe it is just a matter of time before Blue Stars slowly but surly advance.   May the dog sled quest for the 7 spot begin!  MUSH!

Edited by brians