DCI Tour Premier Detroit, MI - June 20, 2019

3 hours ago, Spartans87 said:

My only issue is with Lindsey Vento - she tried waaaaaay to hard to contribute to the broadcast, and talked when she should have been quiet.  Even Rondo had to run over her a few times to get the name of the corps out before they started.  She may be very qualified as a designer, but not everyone is cut out for a broadcast like this!!!

She’s a rookie at this and was over excited and hero worshipping  last night.  I imagine there was a meeting after the broadcast, plus she probably reads DCP.  She’ll do better Aug. 8th.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 4

I did think Tammy Faye also - That was funny!  My daughter was so tired of hearing me  say "shut up already" under my breath that she would stop me before I started saying it because she knew it was comming!  

All the corps were awesome at this time of year, and I, like a few others, go with what I was entertained by versus the scores.  It was a great start to 2019!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

She’s a rookie at this and was over excited and hero worshiping last night.  I imagine there was a meeting after the broadcast, plus she probably reads DCP.  She’ll do better Aug. 8th.

I hope so, because I do enjoy some of the info folks like her can give us while we watch.  I just want it in small doses!

11 minutes ago, Spartans87 said:

My only issue is with Lindsey Vento - she tried waaaaaay to hard to contribute to the broadcast, and talked when she should have been quiet.  Even Rondo had to run over her a few times to get the name of the corps out before they started.  She may be very qualified as a designer, but not everyone is cut out for a broadcast like this!!!

I was worried she was going to talk all the way through Phantom's show ala Rita Moreno in 1977 - oh my goodness!! once the show starts it is extremely rude to go nattering on!!!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, craiga said:

Agreed. Anyone else think of Tammy Faye Baker...?

We had people laughing at her around us. Blame it on Stephan he started it with his comment of she has more makeup on than Tammy Faye Baker when she kept talking and talking and talking. Then Lucas said she looks like her too. I said when are they going to put up the phone number for donations and it all went downhill from there. She kept the theater lively with her non stop buzz words filled commentary nonsense. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 1

So in this day an age I find it not only disturbing but down right disgusting how some of you are tearing Ms. Vento down. The power of anonymity on the internet combined with what I must assume is your complete lack of class and respect for others is pathetic.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

So in this day an age I find it not only disturbing but down right disgusting how some of you are tearing Ms. Vento down. The power of anonymity on the internet combined with what I must assume is your complete lack of class and respect for others is pathetic.

Tearing her down?  I did no such thing.  I said I hoped she could figure out how to work the broadcast because I thought it would be great to hear what she had to say.  But her rambling and talking over the corps shows is not something I enjoyed.

Relax...

Edited by Spartans87
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

She’s the one putting herself out there and with an abundance of makeup on, take that from someone who knows about makeup thank you. Rondo and Cesario have been ridiculed for years. How about we change her nickname to Ms. Mona Lisa Devito? Better! 

Edited by Poppycock