DCI Tour Premier Detroit, MI - June 20, 2019

4 minutes ago, Spartans87 said:

Tearing her down?  I did no such thing.  I said I hoed she could figure out how to work the broadcast because I thought it would be great to hear what she had to say.  But her rambling and talking over the corps shows is not something I enjoyed.

Relax...

Maybe I wasn't speaking of you specifically so maybe you need to relax unless you feel guilty about something. I was referencing those in this thread that were directly attacking and mocking her looks. You would think with everything that has gone on in this activity people could control themselves more. I guess being a good person is too much to ask for many people.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

She’s the one putting herself out there and with an abundance of makeup on, take that from someone who knows about makeup thank you. Rondo and Cesario have been ridiculed for years. How about we change her nickname to Ms. Mona Lisa Devito? Better! 

Trying to justify your bad actions doesn't make you right. It makes you George Hopkins like.

I've said what I want to say on this and I'm done. You all have fun tearing down others personally for your own entertainment.

1 minute ago, Spatzzz said:

Trying to justify your bad actions doesn't make you right. It makes you George Hopkins like.

I've said what I want to say on this and I'm done. You all have fun tearing down others personally for your own entertainment.

Bye bye! 

Edited by Poppycock

Cadets: Interesting, versatile props.  Similar to BD 2017, but with a more graceful and refined shape.  It is very noticeable that the Cadets are marching well.  In 2018, M&M was an early concern, but not last night!  The concept was not as fleshed-out as PR and BS.  As an audience member, I felt a push-pull between Cadets' past and future.  Not sure if that was intended.  When trying to leave the past behind, sometimes it bites from behind.  The attack on the queen scene was an example of this... any other corps, it would have been less disturbing.  There is so much to notice about this production, and having this one uncomfortable moment (without better preparation/explanation) is unfortunate.  To be fair, Darcie Aungst was mid-sentence, explaining the concept, when she was cut off.  Definite demand in the music book.  The collective experience and wisdom available at Cadets make me confident that they will develop this show beautifully into August.  Again... very impressed with how uniform the marching technique was, and how clean the legs appeared.

Edited by Ediker
misspelling

I'm surprised those in the know haven't torn into the recaps.  Did I miss something?  Too early in the season?

Michael Boo, where are you?

1 hour ago, Spartans87 said:

My only issue is with Lindsey Vento - she tried waaaaaay to hard to contribute to the broadcast, and talked when she should have been quiet.  Even Rondo had to run over her a few times to get the name of the corps out before they started.  She may be very qualified as a designer, but not everyone is cut out for a broadcast like this!!!

It was apparent that Ms.Vento wasn't quite ready for prime time.

I was surprised they didn't start her out on the sidelines.

Guess they we were looking for a different dynamic in the booth.

As far as makeup,it was harsh,but that may have  been due,in part,to the

lighting in the broadcast booth.

I don't know if Ms.Vento will grow into the position or not.

At least now she's got a few weeks to practice.

Several people sitting around my wife and I were saying that,based on her previous appearances,if she was willing,

and available, Janina Gavankar would have been a better choice.

• Like 1

People have been talking over the pre-shows for years at the premieres.  I highly doubt that was her call.  And make-up can look very different under TV lights.  People who look normal on TV can look orange in normal lighting.  For all I know, her makeup that looked a little strong on TV may have looked much more normal in normal lighting.  

• Like 2

It was nice to have a new person it the booth. She had energy and spoke well. Steve and Dennis aren't going to be around forever.

As for talking to long, it's happened every year with someone. I'm not sure when they're facing the camera and talking how aware they are of what's happening on the field. Also, Phantom's singing is pre-show and may have surprised them.

Edited by shawn craig
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

She didn’t care.  The woman to her left had purchased the seat she was in but she wasn’t moving, come hell or high waters.   

I would have handled it much differently than she did.  I would have done what I do at shows.  I would have gotten an usher and had them remove her.   I don’t argue with these people any more. 

Every year at the NKY show there were issues with double booking seats. It never got bad, folks would just go down to the ticket booth and just get better seats than they originally had. Lol.

• Like 1