DCI Tour Premier Detroit, MI - June 20, 2019

8 hours ago, LabMaster said:

My daughter bailed on me for the Lowell,MA  show.  Unless she changes her mind I may have an extra ticket (reserved seating).

I go to Lowell most years but this year I’ll be in Revere where 27th Lancers once reigned supreme. I always enjoyed the crowd in Lowell. Very spirited to put it mildly and any debates between shows dealt with the performances, not whether there are uniforms or costumes, props, or electronics , unless they are amped up too much. A friend of mine is a manager in Lowell. A few years ago she came in and asked me if I thought it was too loud. The man behind me told her there is no too loud in drum corps. She also works when the Metropolitan Opera Live in HD productions are broadcast, which I attend from time to time. She said drum corps fans are easier to death with because we don’t complain.

I guess the starting positions again are based on how the corps finished the year before.  With the talk about the brass lines of several corps, and with Boston after the Cadets and before Crown, it will be interesting to see how the judges first listen is scored.