DCI Tour Premier Detroit, MI - June 20, 2019

24 minutes ago, tedrick said:

you've got to go ask a manager to turn up the sound - they're just running on auto settings that are used for everything - 

I suppose it was either that or walk over to the next theater and yell out to all those kids seeing Toy Story 4 how it ends. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, PricklyPear said:

BTW -  if Boston’s show is about the underdog as they say, shouldn’t it be titled David? And not Goliath. 

It's because it's about what the underdog must face in life, and in a way, each of us has a Goliath to face.  For example, I quote from another David and Goliath story which sums up the message very well:

"In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us." - Lucky Day

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tedrick said:

you've got to go ask a manager to turn up the sound - they're just running on auto settings that are used for everything - 

We were worried at our venue. All the TV commercials they now run instead of previews were a bit underpowered. But when the actual event feed started, it was several notches higher in volume, so all was well.

3 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

I wasn't going to be quite that harsh... But, if the adjudication still functioned on negativity... I was adding a 'tick' every time the Hamilton line showed up after the first 5 iterations.

It's as if the assumption remains that the arts community is SO 'gaga' over Hamilton, that there can't be too many references.  It became a mallet over my head and took me out of the GE value.  It was a very 'Cadets' thing to do.

Must have been a great design meeting where someone said "###### do you know what we paid for this Hamilton sample? We are going to ******* USE it".

I pretty much got the point after the first two dozen times.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

I tried to enjoy the show but the mental case I was sitting by curbed my enthusiasm.   And no, it wasn’t Jim.  I’m way ahead of you on that one. 

I don’t think I’m going to the theater next year.  It appears to attract a certain element in my area that I don’t need to be around. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I tried to enjoy the show but the mental case I was sitting by curbed my enthusiasm.   And no, it wasn’t Jim.  I’m way ahead of you on that one. 

I don’t think I’m going to the theater next year.  It appears to attract a certain element in my area that I don’t need to be around. 

Don't tell me. A bunch of Royal Aires alumni shouting "We woulda beat dem guys in our day"? 

Just now, OldSnareDrummer said:

Don't tell me. A bunch of Royal Aires alumni shouting "We woulda beat dem guys in our day"? 

No, they don’t come.  They hate drum corps now.  

I marched in RA alumni for two years while my kid was marching junior corps.  I heard that #### for two years.  Two solid years. 

No, this is just your garden variety mental case types. 

• Haha 1

Two items I missed:

Saw only Bloo and PR shirts at the theater. We were, of course, "wearing Crown" as they say on the Red Carpet.

There wasn't any DCI Trivia before the event. 😞