DCI Tour Premier Detroit, MI - June 20, 2019

1 hour ago, tedrick said:

I was underwhelmed with Sess44 - so... bc gonna need to throw in a lot of fun gimmicks and have a book as tastie as 2016 to win me back

Crown has had 2 duds in a row.... are they feeling it again?

BAC is on the upswing...

But Bloo isn't (hasn't been) on a down swing.  They have been contending for even a handful of years before 2016.  You are merely noting that you personally didn't get into their recent shows.  The scores on the other hand demonstrate a formidable drumcorps that hasn't lost an ounce of competitive mojo.

Crusaders are totally on the upswing.  They can do it... but they are the ones moving.  Bloo is standing still at the edge of the summit, where they have been for a long time.  Boston is creating a championship caliber identity.  Bloo already has it... and Crown hasn't really slipped as much as you might think either (they are technical wizards).

6 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

But Bloo isn't (hasn't been) on a down swing.  They have been contending for even a handful of years before 2016.  You are merely noting that you personally didn't get into their recent shows.  The scores on the other hand demonstrate a formidable drumcorps that hasn't lost an ounce of competitive mojo.

Crusaders are totally on the upswing.  They can do it... but they are the ones moving.  Bloo is standing still at the edge of the summit, where they have been for a long time.  Boston is creating a championship caliber identity.  Bloo already has it... and Crown hasn't really slipped as much as you might think either (they are technical wizards).

Crown are technical and layering wizards. They can literally take a turd and make it shine (see 2018). 

I'm going to reserve judgement until tonight for the Bluecoats. I've seen bits and pieces here and there, but not the whole production. With The Beatles, they will be walking a VERY fine line in my opinion.