The Next Can of Worms

Perhaps also beta blockers for soloists to help with nerves, but I seriously doubt anyone takes any type of drugs... one would need to have consistent access, seems a bit hard to have while touring. Also just seems overall unnecessary 

13 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Me either, but I think this is all just speculation anyways. I don't see anything helping either. Healthy diets maybe, but no substances.

It is speculation.  I have not heard anything worthy of posting, but enough to speculate.  If random drug testing were performed (not an advocate for such a thing in this activity btw), would we be shocked at the results?  Would it create a whole new conversation about unfair advantages?  Would there be disqualifications?

6 minutes ago, johnpendell said:

Perhaps also beta blockers for soloists to help with nerves, but I seriously doubt anyone takes any type of drugs... one would need to have consistent access, seems a bit hard to have while touring. Also just seems overall unnecessary 

Where there's a will, there's a way. 

When there's money to be made, it's a reliable way.  

27 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Drum corps is often described as an athletic activity.  Athletes are often drug tested.  It's conceivable that certain substances can increase alertness, endurance, oxygen utilization, etc... all things that could provide an advantage in this activity.  

I'm all for drug testing in this "Sport of the Arts." 

In fact, I have been sadly concerned about the re-appearance this season of certain "faculty" and designers in the activity because of witnessed and rumored drug use......, the same people who would be pointing fingers and rumors about people who complain, raise concern, or challenged their position with youth. Good people have been damaged by such accusations to shut them up. Standardized random drug testing in the activity (judges, faculty, administration, and members) would be objective (of course with no poppy seed rolls, etc. on the food truck.)

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ediker said:

True, in all honesty it’s more likely the admin are taking some drugs... sometimes they act crazzzzy at lot warm ups LOL no names named. 🤭

Edited by johnpendell
  • Haha 2

As long as no corps hires Barry Bonds as their program coordinator, I don't see a problem here. :tongue:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ediker said:

College students with money...no no wait, college students in drum corps with money. And supps that are legal are already expensive. 

• Confused 1