The Next Can of Worms

1 hour ago, Glenn426 said:

Now that I Think about it, It has been widely reported the Health benefits of Cannibus to help with relaxation, Chronic pain, stress, anxiety...,

It is a open Secret that a certain West Coast corps and cannibus are one in the same..(Everyone will openly deny this, because of course, but If you had friends in the corps, you know)

Have they been enjoying a medicinal advantage over other corps.

With the stigmas associated with Cannibus going away with open and honest research being done, the use of CBD oils/ supplements as alternatives to Ibuprofen and other pain relievers yield positive results for corps?

They’ve never done a show themed “Up in Smoke.”   Better suited to the former Empire Statesmen and their utilization of  fire extinguishers.

11 hours ago, Ediker said:

No way that would happen.  But it is conceivable that a single section (or subsection) could be enhanced.

I don't think it is.  From experience, our modern MM's are not good at keeping secrets.  I'd expect to receive a dozen reports based on someone posting a photo of their vial of EPO on Instagram or something...

Mike

• Like 1

BD does it.  it's called not practicing to death and talking to your members like adults.  I hear it works but I need to see their record of win/loss.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

Now that I Think about it, It has been widely reported the Health benefits of Cannibus to help with relaxation, Chronic pain, stress, anxiety...,

It is a open Secret that a certain West Coast corps and cannibus are one in the same..(Everyone will openly deny this, because of course, but If you had friends in the corps, you know)

Have they been enjoying a medicinal advantage over other corps.

With the stigmas associated with Cannibus going away with open and honest research being done, the use of CBD oils/ supplements as alternatives to Ibuprofen and other pain relievers yield positive results for corps?

thats not what i saw them doing in 92.....just saying

9 hours ago, flammaster said:

BD does it.  it's called not practicing to death and talking to your members like adults.  I hear it works but I need to see their record of win/loss.

facts!

16 hours ago, Sideways said:

They’ve never done a show themed “Up in Smoke.”   Better suited to the former Empire Statesmen and their utilization of  fire extinguishers.

"Stoned"

It was a long fall from there.

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2019 at 8:26 PM, boxingfred said:

I heard something about The Cadets who originally started a P.E. program in the 80's with mixed results. The Cavaliers developed a successful program in the early 2000's  and The Blue Devils operated a successful doping program from 2007 -2018. Very similar to the programs the Russians, Chinese and East Germans ran during their Olympic runs. They say it's "Discontinued" but you can tell by that wild look in their eyes after they perform something is up. Watch the film Icarus on Netflix my friend! All the answers are there! ( let me adjust my Tin foil hat)

There are many performance enhancers. Coffee,straight caffeine, Monster Energy, Red Bull, 5 hour Energy, But, This is a team sport and a few people taking anything be it EPO to Coffee will have little to no effect on the drum corps show as a whole. Maybe stimulants can help you through practice on a hard. In my many years of helping drum corps I never seen Steroids just coffee abuse.

This is not a can of worms but a can of WHAT?

PR had a running program in the early '80's led by an instructor that was a runner.