3 days until the tour premier what is your favorite 3rd place show?

18 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

88 Blue Devils. The only drum corps show my wife ever actually liked. It was that good. 

Yikes, how did I leave that one out.

Other corps did the still playing as leaving the field thing, but BD's Since I Fell for You is still the gold standard. The crowd clapping along...the sopranos wailing..magnificent. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThePlanets said:

Thursday is coming at us like a freight train and pretty soon we will know how some of the top corps stack up against each other but for now...

What are some of your favorite Bronze Medal Finishes?

1988 Blue Devils

• Like 2

Now it really gets hard...

1st Bluecoats 2015 "Kinetic Noise"

2nd Blue Devils 2006 "Godfather Part Blue"

3rd Cavaliers 1986

HM Phantom 1993, Crown 2016, SCV 2004

2010 Bluecoats

HM to 2007 Cavaliers and 2015 Bluecoats

• Like 1

I am gonna always have a soft spot but I thought Bluecoats last year was so organic and emotionally captivating.   Ballad was incredible.

But if I had to pick one, 2015 Bluecoats Kinetic Noise.  I had never heard a show like that before, there is something ethereal about that music program for me.   The two minutes before the ballad when the looping trumpets start and that build and release over the next two minutes was transcending the first time I saw it.   I let some expletives slip in the theater that June.   😂  I’ve never felt that way when watching a show before that.  I feel like if that show had another week it would have moved up a spot or two, they were on the verge of winning that year.   That show exploded in the last week of the season.  I don’t think 2016 would have happened without 2015   

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1980 Bridgemen. Watching on PBS that night, I thought they had won.

1988 Blue Devils. Saw them at DCI East and thought they were unbeatable. Oh well. 

• Like 1

1998 Blue Devils. Highest scoring 3rd place show of all time. And even though they won the Ott that year, i think this is the most underrated and under appreciated horn line in DCI history.

• Like 1

1988 Blue Devils -- This is the Blue Devils show I listen to most often (along with 89)

1993 Regiment -- May have been 3rd, but a LOT of babies got thrown during this show.

• Like 3