3 days until the tour premier what is your favorite 3rd place show?

Phantom 1993 - Classic awesomeness by a classic corp

Bloo Kinectic Noise - Distinctly remember the feeling I had during one point in the show where I was just overwhelmed by the sheer amount of motion coordinated on the field at the same time. Just magical.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

I am gonna always have a soft spot but I thought Bluecoats last year was so organic and emotionally captivating.   Ballad was incredible.

But if I had to pick one, 2015 Bluecoats Kinetic Noise.  I had never heard a show like that before, there is something ethereal about that music program for me.   The two minutes before the ballad when the looping trumpets start and that build and release over the next two minutes was transcending the first time I saw it.   I let some expletives slip in the theater that June.   😂  I’ve never felt that way when watching a show before that.  I feel like if that show had another week it would have moved up a spot or two, they were on the verge of winning that year.   That show exploded in the last week of the season.  I don’t think 2016 would have happened without 2015   

Yeah me too. The concept is so simple yet so complex. It's like dropping a rock in the water and the ripple never stops. The incorporation of relative motion and one part is always moving is so good and was portrayed so well.  Excellent and tasteful use of music tech too.  Let's not forget the coolest percussion feature of all time too.

As for the musical flow and the music itself I feel like it was so me and in line with my thinking. 

2015 was an excellent year for competition and 3 of my top 10 shows came out of 2015. Also keep in mind, while it wasn't my cup of tea, the Cadets were 100% on their A Game and probably got robbed of a medal.  Still though, the more I review the top 4 shows that year the more I think the Bluecoats could have won.

For me-Session 44 was the best 2018 show from Saro to the end but I just didn't like the opener as much. Definitely in my top 5 3rd place finishes...but nothing compares to Kinetic Noise.

Edited by ThePlanets

3 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Again, from the oldies. 

1974 Kingsmen -  The very definition of cool in the 70's. 

1973 Blue Stars -  Great brass, plus hot pants. A crowd hit.

1979 SCV - 12 of the cleanest snares that ever marched. 

Great minds think alike. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

1998 Blue Devils. Highest scoring 3rd place show of all time. And even though they won the Ott that year, i think this is the most underrated and under appreciated horn line in DCI history.

I agree, that was a terrific show from them! So cool how they wove the charts together into a storyline. Perhaps a bit ahead of its time. 

• Like 1