3 days until the tour premier what is your favorite 3rd place show?

13 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Cavies 86 is my fav Cavies show! 

Very good! 

1986 was my first year attending finals. While it was a treat to see so many great shows live, all that Brubaker goodness, guard tricks, and the way the music flowed perfectly from beginning to end was just a gas.  That slow movement of "Korean Folk Song" and the beautiful evolution/opening up of the drill...well, too bad that kind of thing can't happen nowadays.  Ah, nostalgia!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I agree with 2018 Bluecoats! It may be their best show ever and still only same in 3rd.

I’m also going to show some love for 1975 Blue Devils and that Jim Ott horn line featuring his sister, Bonnie.

I just watched video of 75 BD the other night 👍

• Like 1

1998 Blue Devils is the best 3rd place show of all time And definitely my favorite 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

93 Regiment. 

Close the thread!!

Hard to argue. So I won’t. Even though it wasn’t who I picked. 

• Like 1

This one is hard.

Bluecoats 2018 was the first show that I thought was actually enhanced by vocals, so I'll give that the nod. I'll also always have a soft spot in my heart for SCV 2004.

Edited by jeffmolnar
  • Like 4

1983 SCV - for very personal reasons: It was the first "big drum corps show" I ever saw and I was mesmerized. The large amounts of Copland in the program, especially Appalachian Spring, opened up the rabbit hole for me into symphonic Americana. Copland became a huge focal point for both listening and study, including my masters thesis. And in 2009 when they brought back Appalachian Spring the way that they did, I was so happy.

• Like 2