Charles Frost and SCV

Didn’t see this coming and a little odd this is coming out right before the season.  Good choice for PepWear though. 

Charles Frost to join PepWear as Vice President of Operations 

June 18, 2019

PepWear announced today that Charles Frost will be joining the company as Vice President of Operations starting in September of this year.

“We are delighted that Charles will be joining the PepWear team after the end of this summer’s Drum Corps tour. His unique blend of experiences, management skills, and work ethic are a perfect fit for our culture” said Craig Johnson, CEO of PepWear. “There is a lot of growth on the horizon for PepWear and we needed someone with Charles’ talents to help us get there. I know he will make a positive impact on our organization.”

Frost currently serves as the Executive Director of Vanguard Music and Performing Arts, which operates the Santa Clara Vanguard Drum and Bugle Corps, Vanguard Cadets, and other music programs. Prior to his tenure at VMAPA, he spent over a decade in the print industry. Frost serves on the Drum Corps International Board of Directors and will be moving to Dallas with his family. 

“PepWear has changed the world of event merchandising and I am thrilled to join a company that shares my commitment to excellence” said Frost. “I’m humbled to lead such a great team and it will be my mission to serve PepWear and its customers into future success.” 

About PepWear

Since 1987, PepWear has been commemorating youth achievements by offering merchandise for sale at events. With its root in the school music world, PepWear has long term relationships with the leading state and national organizations involved in marching band, colorguard and winterguard, and concert band and choir competitions. In recent years PepWear launched a unique Event Merchandising Solution, combining world class popup stores with unique products and the latest cloud based technology, to youth athletics with impressive results. 

• Thanks 1

Surprised SCV didn't get ahead of this (there was an internal comms to their folks earlier in this week from what I hear, but I would have thought they'd go public before PepWear). In any case, the timing is good for them to be able to head hunt and or review applications from potential ED's to have someone in place come September, so it's all good.