Clovis, CA - Friday, June 21, 2019

57 minutes ago, flammaster said:

Crown in 2nd I think.  I am really impressed with them.  Looks like Bluecoats took over the cheese caption this year.  ewwwwww

Cheese? see Boston Crusaders guard member on stilts and Ohio State drill.

At least they don't spell out Goliath, yet

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Algernon said:

Correction: It is a tenor player (minus his tenors) on stilts for Boston.  He marched Infinity World Percussion last winter when their tenor line played on stilts.

Edited by drummergirl
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Maybe some DCP posters are not aware that DCP allows videos from YouTube.  (I hope someone posts some videos, because I’ not using the right words.)

Whose performance are you looking for? I had luck typing in the corps name and “2019” and “Clovis.”

1 hour ago, Algernon said:

move that pop garbage to BOA.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I think the biggest complaint I have for BD and SCV is the lack of colors. The guard uniforms for SCV are the only bit of color that pops from the field. BD has the least amount of color that I've seen from them since 2007.

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

The fact that SCV was able to do so well without a proper closer on the field says a bit 

Nah, they just judge what's on the field. Same as always when this situation has come up at the beginning of the season and the unfinished shows beat other corps 

1 hour ago, brassboy said:

Whose performance are you looking for? I had luck typing in the corps name and “2019” and “Clovis.”

Others have discussed what they saw from the Clovis videos.  Maybe they’re on a social media site.

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Others have discussed what they saw from the Clovis videos.  Maybe they’re on a social media site.

They’re definitely on YouTube. I’ve watched the Clovis performances of BD, SCV, Cavies, and Mandarins there, but it looks like SCV is no longer there. 

1 minute ago, brassboy said:

They’re definitely on YouTube. I’ve watched the Clovis performances of BD, SCV, Cavies, and Mandarins there, but it looks like SCV is no longer there. 

Could you send the link please. Thank you.

Edited by Ghost

4 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Well it's too bad Vanguard didn't have their closer in, but I really liked this show after first viewing. I think they have a better guard book than last year, so that makes me happy. They are going to be tough for anyone to beat.

Agreed 

I also believe the brass may be stronger as well

percussion as always is crazy good

a repeat is highly likely imo 

I actually prefer the visual side of the equation to Babylon - and I haven’t seen the closer yet