Clovis, CA - Friday, June 21, 2019

1 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

As will other corps!!  🤦🏼‍♂️

Heaven forbid that someone says something positive. Cavaliers have a great product to work with and won’t be that pushover in the Top 6 that some were hoping.

Exactly! Other corps are going to have to work hard to pass them this year.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

I saw a bold prediction, and I mean BOLD prediction, that had Cavaliers in the bottom half this year. Based on what I’ve seen on the recap and DCP feedback, it might be safe to say that the prediction is horribly far off. I’m excited to see this show for the first time. Do it for Don - No fear!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lance said:

Just now, Photographer Jim said:

love that Mandarins score. Great way to start and to send the message that last year was not a one-and-done! 

i've actually been curious about this

how was their staff retention?  didn't academy end up losing some key staff after corpse bride, and then not do quite so well the following year?  really glad if that didn't happen with mandarins, because they were onto something last year (and sounds like this year, too)

Mandarins retained their entire design team and I believe their caption heads too. Some of their techs have changed, but for the most part it’s the same staff this year.

posted from the DrumScorps app

13 minutes ago, Ghost said:

As will other corps!!  🤦🏼‍♂️

I know, and of course. It's a great point to keep in mind. Cavies have a show, talent, and a potential some of the others don't seem to have. Even as everyone adjusts and polishes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Vanguard and Mandarins continuing where they left off. Awesome to see!

Cavies appear to be back, also glad to see.

Looking forward to seeing all of them next week including BD and others!

• Like 2

Overall, looks like a great start to a great season.

On the uniform front, all of them save Troopers looked just fine and effective to me. Lots of people freak out too much over the uniform choices. (Or lots of people like to simulate freaking out as entertainment before the tour starts.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, johnpendell said:

Wow... saw a really crappy livestream but Cavaliers....👀 I REALLY like this show. Dying to see a better recording. 

Reminds me in feel and spirit of great products like Cadets '83 Rocky Point, Star '90 Belshazzar, and some SCV shows from late 90s.  Just the feel of the moods, journey, even some rhythms. Obviously I'm hoping that other people like this show too.

• Like 1