Clovis, CA - Friday, June 21, 2019

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

Neither Blue Devils nor SCV will be giving anything away. SCV has the advantage of a Michael Gaines drill and BD will most likely come out roaring. What is for certain is if SCV wins, the buzz will be that the reign of BD is over, which would be an exaggeration. We know too that even though BD and SCV are competing in different shows from Bluecoats on different nights, if Bloo’s score is higher, folks will predict a title for them. If Bloo scores lower, it will of course be due to West Coast inflation. That won’t change. How close Cavies come to BD and SCV will be interesting too, and if Cabies ever placed higher than 3rd, DCP will get no rest.

Though Academy and Troopers May be overshadowed a bit, reactions to their show will be interesting too.

After seeing the show last night, I have little doubt SCV and BD are going to go 1-2 again, in either order. I will call that without even having seen SCV and BD yet. Call me a fool, but remember this post in August. If someone knocks one of them out of the top 2, it will be Crown. I think Bluecoats are going to have another 2017 type year with that show - 4th at best. 

Mandarins are going to surprise you all tonight (and tomorrow). Their show is amazing. I love the ending. It seems to be some nod to the Z-Pull. Some iteration of it. I cannot wait to see how they fare with the product they have this year.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, EricS said:

I've heard a lot of good comments about Mandarins also.

Oh, what you've heard is right. Of course, it's hard to tell from a video (a cell phone video at that) where they are from a musical technical standpoint, but this show is a big step up from last year from a design perspective, and the ending is great.

8 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

After seeing the show last night, I have little down SCV and BD are going to go 1-2 again, in either order. I will call that without even having seen SCV and BD yet. Call me a fool, but remember this post in August. ...

I will try to remember this bold prediction. Among the thousand others on this forum that say west coast 1-2 i n 2019. Rack 'em.

• Haha 1

Watch out for the Cavaliers tonight. They are killin from what I've heard. Excited about SCV as well. Have a great show everyone! 1. SCV

2. BD -.4

3. CAVALIERS -1.5

LAST YEAR always influences early scores

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

I will try to remember this bold prediction. Among the thousand others on this forum that say west coast 1-2 i n 2019. Rack 'em.

Please do. I said the same thing this time in 2017 and 2018. I wasn't impressed with Bluecoats at all. I think Crown will pass them soon and never look back. Really excited to see what Cavies bring tomorrow night. I just, at the end of the day, think BD and SCV's programs are just too good. And by programs, I mean their entire operations. BD hasn't placed lower than 2nd since 2006, so that's an easy bet. Last year, SCV dominated BD from a captions perspective in a way no one has done since 2006. That's why I think these two are going to go 1-2. They have it all.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, OnMyMind said:

Watch out for the Cavaliers tonight. They are killin from what I've heard. Excited about SCV as well. Have a great show everyone! 1. SCV

2. BD -.4

3. CAVALIERS -1.5

LAST YEAR always influences early scores

posted from the DrumScorps app

Shhhhh

• Haha 1