North Canton, OH - Saturday, June 22, 2019

12 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

It’s a little too soon to read too much into the scores other than Boston is in the same tier as Coats and Cadets are in the next group. Those 3 point gaps are pretty clear 

If they are in the same tier, then SCV is totally running away with it this season.  I think we would be looking at Cavies, Crown and Bloo fighting for bronze... there may even be a gap between Cavies and the rest.

That Boston show is good, but it isn't written as a contender in this era of drumcorps... not in the big picture.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 4

Just now, cfirwin3 said:

If they are in the same tier, then SCV is totally running away with it this season.  I think we would be looking at Cavies, Crown and Bloo fighting for bronze... there may even be a gap between Cavies an the rest.

That Boston show is good, but it isn't written as a contender in this era of drumcorps... not in the big picture.

Interesting.

If there are 6 corps within 2 points of each other, nobody is running away with anything....not yet at least.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Music scores for Bloo are making me nervous. Seems that Boston has much more room to grow in that department while Bloo is close to maxing out.

I feared that bloos show could end up too easy musically for them. By no means is it easier but the good thing is, there are plenty of places where they can modify the show in this aspect. They don't need to redo any sections but I figure they plan to fill in the gaps. Also it seems that their closer isnt complete.

posted from the DrumScorps app

3 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

If they are in the same tier, then SCV is totally running away with it this season.  I think we would be looking at Cavies, Crown and Bloo fighting for bronze... there may even be a gap between Cavies an the rest.

I see the top six in an early season dogfight. It is way too soon to make two tiers. Maybe by SA we will have meaningful separation. 

• Like 2

Just now, Cfmninjaa said:

I feared that bloos show could end up too easy musically for them. By no means is it easier but the good thing is, there are plenty of places where they can modify the show in this aspect. They don't need to redo any sections but I figure they plan to fill in the gaps. Also it seems that their closer isnt complete.

posted from the DrumScorps app

I don't think it is too easy for them (just have to say that first).

But... shows don't usually work that way.  Usually the music gets reduced and simplified while the marching gains complexity.

Corps almost never make the music harder in the season.  They make it more accessible so that they can make it cleaner.  Music content scores are a pain to deal with if they start on the low side.

14 minutes ago, craiga said:

If there are 6 corps within 2 points of each other, nobody is running away with anything....not yet at least.

There are not six corps all bunched up. Boston's design simply does not hold up with the other 5 from the top 6 last year. They are going to place 6th at finals (at best). 

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

There are not six corps all bunched up. Boston's design simply does not hold up with the other 5 from the top 6 last year. They are going to place 6th at finals (at best).

Wow.  Just wow.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, craiga said:

They are if one corps is winning GE and more than 1 other caption... And if group 6 is placing 1 or 2 in at least 1 caption.

The crowdedness helps the GE leader a great deal (the margin is irrelevant at that point).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, craiga said:

Wow.  Just wow.

Wow what? I know what I'm talking about. They will not place higher than 6th at finals. If you think I'm crazy or wrong, save this, and come back to me on August 11th. Their design is not up there with the other 5 corps, and those corps are just as talented (and in some cases more) as BAC. It's not going to happen. Their staff did not give them a design that is going to put them in the top 5 this year. Not with what the other 5 are doing.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1