North Canton, OH - Saturday, June 22, 2019

4 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

There are not six corps all bunched up. Boston's design simply does not hold up with the other 5 from the top 6 last year. They are going to place 6th at finals (at best).

My “way too early” clusters would be

SCV

(gap)

BD/Crown/Coats/Cavaliers 

(gap)

Boston

(gap)

Cadets/BS/Mandarins 

(gap)

• Like 2

Just now, George Dixon said:

SCV

(gap)

BD/Crown/Coats/Cavaliers 

(gap)

Boston

(gap)

Cadets/BS/Mandarins 

(gap)

This. Exactly. If SCV starts pulling away from BD it will likely be over. They will likely run the table and repeat. 

• Like 3

Just now, George Dixon said:

SCV

(gap)

BD/Crown/Coats/Cavaliers 

(gap)

Boston

(gap)

Cadets/BS/Mandarins 

(gap)

I think that SHOULD be right, but the inside subcaption scores have Boston contending with Bluecoats outside of the guard category.  If that's true then I don't think that it pulls BAC up... I think it pulls Bloo and maybe Crown downward away from the other 3.

• Like 2

My dear queenie, you are entitled to your own opinion.  I just can't imagine going on dcp and stating with such confidence that there is literally no way any corps could not improve and close in on a couple corps above them.  That's what the WOW was about.

3 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

I think that SHOULD be right, but the inside subcaption scores have Boston contending with Bluecoats outside of the guard category.  If that's true then I don't think that it pulls BAC up... I think it pulls Bloo and maybe Crown downward away from the other 3.

Could be. Just going by watching the shows on video as they stand this early 

I think the Boston scoring outside of guard is being a bit generous.  That would be my diagnosis.  The alternative is that Bloo (and maybe Crown -although they jumped point value tonight) are getting some fairly conservative figures (wouldn't be the first time for Bloo in the early season).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, craiga said:

My dear queenie, you are entitled to your own opinion.  I just can't imagine going on dcp and stating with such confidence that there is literally no way any corps could not improve and close in on a couple corps above them.  That's what the WOW was about.

I am stating with full 100% confidence that BAC will not challenge Santa Clara Vanguard, Blue Devils, Carolina Crown, Bluecoats, or Cavaliers during finals week. If I am wrong, then I will eat major huge crown and admit I am a dumb moron who doesn't deserve to ever comment on DCI again. And you will be the first person I grovel to for forgiveness on August 11th. If I am right, I won't rub it in to you, but if I am wrong I promise I will find you and bow down to you. 

You are smarter than I for not making such a bold prediction so early, but after seeing the top 6, the other 5 have out-designed Boston by a mile. 🙂

Edited by queenanne_1536