North Canton, OH - Saturday, June 22, 2019

Nothing to do with slotting and everything to do with design. The top 6 are in a league of their own. They’ve all stepped it up this year. The other 5 I just think stepped it up way more.

14 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Crown got a really nice boost tonight out in Wisconsin.  They were set apart with no competition.  That scoring has implications for Bloo and Boston, I just have no clue what it is.  1 or more of these groups is going to get a dose of recalibrated scores in the next few days I think.

R-E-L-A-X. It’s the second show. It’s the preseason. You are analyzing with too little data. I suggest we just enjoy great drum corps and let the dust settle a bit.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

I'm sure the members reading this really appreciate your constantly putting them down. I've said it many times - from the lowest scoring corps to the winning, every single member is out there putting their heart & soul on the field.  The constant bashing of corps & their members is just sad.  Members have friends, classmates, & previous corpsmates in those other corps & are *GASP* rooting them on.  Take a lesson out of their book.   

I don't remember people babying David and telling him "You can beat Goliath, we believe in you!". Besides if sports has taught me anything hating Boston just makes them more powerful.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Crown got a really nice boost tonight out in Wisconsin.  They were set apart with no competition.  That scoring has implications for Bloo and Boston, I just have no clue what it is.  1 or more of these groups is going to get a dose of recalibrated scores in the next few days I think.

Let’s be fair, no offense but Crown had no real competition tonight. You have to take that into consideration.

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Let’s be fair, no offense but Crown had no real competition tonight. You have to take that into consideration.

Yeah, that's part of my point.

There's also something about being isolated that allows the judges to just put your numbers on paper.  Crown got that tonight due to their circumstance.

At the same time, it's no real delight to be alone in a competition.  It's a bit of an exhibition, place holder for them tonight.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

R-E-L-A-X. It’s the second show. It’s the preseason. You are analyzing with too little data. I suggest we just enjoy great drum corps and let the dust settle a bit.

Can't help thinking out loud. ☺️

• Haha 1

Crown is for real. It doesn’t matter who is or isn’t there. They will be contending for a metal on finals night. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Nothing to do with slotting and everything to do with design. The top 6 are in a league of their own. They’ve all stepped it up this year. The other 5 I just think stepped it up way more.

Either the corps are determined early on who has the design and slotted accordingly or they aren't. However, you have contridicted yourself in this single post. You claim no slotting; but you yourself are already seperating corps into final outcome groups, and based just on the first show out of the gate; thus you yourself have already set up trends for for slotting during the rest of the season.

17 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Lighten up Francis