Madison, WI - Saturday, June 22, 2019

1 hours ago, Dmuniz_crossmen_fan said:

Daughter performing in her first DCI comp.  Good stuff.  Proud parent here!  

Congratulations!! As a parent I miss it, loved the 6 years my son marched but now I'm back to just a crazy fan - so thank you to your daughter :) I hope you and your daughter enjoy every minute, can't wait to see Crossmens show this year <3

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, goodmello said:

anyone have a picture of the Scouts uniforms?  I didn't see a full pictures released online by the corps.

I read somewhere that due to a power outage at the Stansbury factory they weren't going to have their uniforms on time ....not sure what they marched in tonight or if they were able to get the uniforms after all.... I though they said they were going to wear something different but they hadn't released the full uniform yet...

posted from the DrumScorps app

I enjoyed the show, though the crowd seemed odd. Cannot quite put my finger on it. 

My quick take (will do a full review later):

Colt Cadets: Didn't get to see them. Rushed home from work and to the stadium. Sorry.

Colts: A much improved design over past few years and lots of energy. Crowd really reacted to the huge sound and confidence.  

Crossmen: Well, I was expecting them to be good, but not in this way. They have put on some big boy britches and are using a "take no prisoners" approach to their aggressive and highly entertaining show. I cannot imagine them not in finals, but it seems most everyone is stepping up.  

Blue Stars: And again, a corps right out of the gate ready to impress and take it up a notch from last year. Holy horn line Batman. Cool theme, no pun intended. Eager to see it develop over the season. Their best corps in decades???

Madison: I wasn't sure what to expect. It was awkwardly rough. The no-uniform thing didn't help. It seemed to last for thirty minutes. The crowd was trying to get behind them, but it was tough. Some volume but no where near Colt's or Star's. Lots of overblowing and fundamental brass issues. Percussion seem to be their strength. 

Crown: In an entirely different realm of design and quality. The visual program is stunning and only surpassed by the amazing brass and percussion. The uniforms look great in person. The voice-overs and theme are not quite communicating. That said, best they have been in a few. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1