Madison, WI - Saturday, June 22, 2019

Recaps don't paint a pretty picture for Madison. Scouts were literally dead last in 5th place in every single caption except GE 2 judge J. Bell has Madison in 2nd place, 2.4 points higher than GE judge 1.

Edited by FlamMan
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Recaps don't paint a pretty picture for Madison. Scouts were literately dead last in 5th place in every single caption except GE 2 judge J. Bell has Madison in 2nd place, 2.4 points higher than GE judge 1.

Done deal.  Find pleasure in all the other show.  👍

4 minutes ago, Cop said:

Done deal.  Find pleasure in all the other show.  👍

So you are good with this clown show regime, lack of unis at Madison's home show and this start? Its time to raise the bar and expectations.

So Madison ... welcome to the friend’s zone.  We will always love you ... but as a friend.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GeneralTsoChicken said:

Why the hell is the company JUST NOW producing the uniforms? 

My very informed guess was that Madison missed the appropriate timelines to get this produced farther in advance. 

Exactly. 100% correct. The unis should have been delivered weeks ago. And how long is a typical power outage? a few hours? 1 or 2 days? This would never ever happen to BD, SCV, heck, any other corps. It's a damm shame and it saddens me.

1 hour ago, FTNK said:

Crown is professional, march really well. Guard didn’t stick out and make a big impression like Blue Stars did. Brass is perfection. Pit off to the side. Best mix with pit, etc of the night, could really hear the tympani etc. Sometimes felt like it was a string of brass amazing moments with other stuff between. 

What the #### does “the detail of the pattern is movement” mean? Nothing. Pretentious Word salad. Narration doesn’t make your show deep. Crown will be in the top four with Bluecoats, BD and SCV

Didn't the Blue Springs (Missouri) H.S. marching band have that same quote in their show last fall?

Edit: Yes. When I Google that quote plus "Blue Springs", one of the results is actually the Crown thread here at DCP, where someone else already made this connection. So here's Blue Springs's show:

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Haha 2

In that clip, you can hear the quote (which comes from a T.S. Eliot poem) at about the 3:12 mark. Maybe at other points, but I didn't listen to the whole thing.

3 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Didn't the Blue Springs (Missouri) H.S. marching band have that same quote in their show last fall?

Yep! It's a T.S. Eliot quote. I believe Center Grove did the year before that....or someone. The line & poem (Burnt Norton) is some fantastic stuff.

• Thanks 1