Stanford, CA - Saturday, June 22, 2019

So Academy.  Love the visual aesthetic of the show and visually it's really nice!  Musically it's a bit crass, wish the music drew me in more as well.  

I think this is their best show post 2016, but I think I liked that design direction more than the one they're on now.  It's very.......clinical.  

The London Bridge quotes are dumb.  Cut them.

• Like 5

Those are some pretty steep inclines. I bet they have some twisted ankles by the end of the season.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the show. (Trombone glisses aside...)

Really enjoyed that.  They lost me there for a few years, but this reminds me why I fell in love with Academy.

• Like 1

Academy looks really sharp, the uni’s look like something Star of Indiana would wear. The really need shakos though, specially with the capes...the uniform looks incomplete and they look short without having a shako with tall plume

I'm gonna post my 'final' reactions to Academy.  100% a step up from Troop, but the show completely lacks the aesthetic that we've expected from Academy these recent seasons.  I'd say brass is a step down and guard isn't characterized as it has been in recent years.  I LOVE the uniforms and the brass book... I'm not sure how the show will hold up competitively, but I've been wrong on this front before.

A great show, I can't wait to see it in person... but we'll see how it progresses.