Stanford, CA - Saturday, June 22, 2019

I don't see the Stanford going anywhere new this year.  That percussion line is beastly

• Like 1

SCV.  Wow, so so so good across all captions.  Performing incredibly well for June.  They're gonna medal. 

Just.......hmm.  Just personal taste here, but I'm not sure about the show.  It doesn't do a lot for me personally.  Very one note to me musically, and I'm not one to normally say this but so much fluttering to sets.  Those things are done INCREDIBLY well, but it's just different from what I'm used to seeing from them.  Ballad is following what worked INCREDIBLY well last year.  I liked the last two sets of props in 2017 and 2018 way better as well. 

That's all fine, I'm not dogging them for it or saying they aren't gonna deserve what is a gonna be another strong season.  That is all a problem with me and what I like.  100%.  Just not my cup of tea.  

• Like 8

Just now, goodmello said:

the closer is a let down compared to the rest of the show!

I don't think they have the closer on the field yet 

• Like 1

Just now, kinetic inferno11 said:

The show is about rebelling from the norm. It makes sense that they'd use something frowned upon as a way to rebel.

ok - I guess that works in terms of concept. It's not that I hate sousaphones, it just sounded muffled and I wanted more meat on the sound.

• Like 1

That bass feature in the show seems to suggest maybe they may go 4 the rest of the season. IDK.

Just now, goodmello said:

the closer is a let down compared to the rest of the show!

I doubt that's the actual closer, as is the norm.  

I don't know Vanguard. I got more of a desire to join a revolution with the Cavaliers "Propaganda" show...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1