Stanford, CA - Saturday, June 22, 2019

Well, I never thought I’d say it about Vanguard, but they lost me. Also, the costumes are the worst thing I’ve seen on a football field. Ugh. The music sounds great though and they’re super clean for June, so that’s pretty awesome at least. 

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

SCV.  Wow, so so so good across all captions.  Performing incredibly well for June.  They're gonna medal. 

Just.......hmm.  Just personal taste here, but I'm not sure about the show.  It doesn't do a lot for me personally.  Very one note to me musically, and I'm not one to normally say this but so much fluttering to sets.  Those things are done INCREDIBLY well, but it's just different from what I'm used to seeing from them.  Ballad is following what worked INCREDIBLY well last year.  I liked the last two sets of props in 2017 and 2018 way better as well. 

That's all fine, I'm not dogging them for it or saying they aren't gonna deserve what is a gonna be another strong season.  That is all a problem with me and what I like.  100%.  Just not my cup of tea.  

Agree, the talent level is ridiculous with this corps this year. Not sold on the design though

• Like 1

Alright BD.  Bring it!  I'm gonna enjoy this season a lot.

• Like 1

Babylon pulled me right in, but this one....not so much. We will see how it progresses throughout the summer

• Like 1

Just now, year1buick said:

SCV is fantastic but I think I liked the Cavaliers show better. Is that allowed, LOL?

Definitely agree. I was worried about them doing a train show, but it is terrific. Especially in the visual department. 

• Like 2