Stanford, CA - Saturday, June 22, 2019

19 minutes ago, hughesmr said:

No, they just need to take into account the established standardized placement of field mics at Flo-covered events.  It ain't too hard, folks.

Actually, they don’t. DCI is still focused on the fans in the stands. That is how the shows will continue to be designed, including mic placement. The streaming platform needs to figure out how to adjust/improve to better their product...and I say that as someone who has to rely on Flo for late season shows most years (maybe not this year).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

64899424_936293160095935_246103905829440

Mandarins got blessed by lot Gumby during their show.

I wanna see him and bones get into a parking lot brawl.  

My money is on Bones lol.

SCV was amazing! Prediction; back to back champs. 

• Like 1

Cavaliers were on fire tonight. I’m pretty disappointed at the spread with them and BD.  Cavs seemed so much cleaner tonight- especially musically.

Whew just got back from the show.

They were being extremely strict about bags and other things being brought into the stadium this year--it's the first time I've seen them so strict at Stanford since DCI West first ran.  Would have been nice to have a bigger, bolder warning about it on tickets and other event materials.  So many people turned away at the security checkpoint.

Lone Star Percussion needs to change their commercial.  It's annoying and is a holdover from last season IIRC.

During intermission, music was being blasted over the speakers--making it hard to socialize with the people around me as my hearing is not what it used to be.

Favorite show of the night: Mandarins - #### their show is good all around.  I love the repertoire.  Here's to hoping they make their second consecutive finals run!

Disappointment of the night: SCV - while I could tell they were just so ###### good, the show design and theme just didn't reach me, at least this time around.  Music is the most important aspect of any show for me and the repertoire was just ok.  Also, Im guessing they are missing their closer again.  Annoying when it's the only show one sees live.  SCV is and always will be my fav corps.

I think this was the first time I've ever seen Cavies live and this show was a treat!

BD was pretty dang good!  I was entertained more by it than I expected and there were some really neat visual stuff they did with the modular walls.

Finally, what's with the absence of BK?  Would have loved to see their show this year.