It's the day before the season starts-what is your favorite 2nd place show?

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

2012 Carolina Crown.  Should have won. 

Ms. Terri i am going to follow in your footsteps with the "Should have won" but i am going with BD 2008. Difference is you are going to be praised for 2012 Crown, I am going to be tortured without mercy for 08 BD lol.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Ms. Terri i am going to follow in your footsteps with the "Should have won" but i am going with BD 2008. Difference is you are going to be praised for 2012 Crown, I am going to be tortured without mercy for 08 BD lol.

I liked that show.  Very eclectic.  But you know Memorial Stadium would have had a riot on their hands if “I am Spartacus” hadn’t won. 😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I liked that show.  Very eclectic.  But you know Memorial Stadium would have had a riot on their hands if “I am Spartacus” hadn’t won. 😂

Yes ma'am you are correct LMAO. But...……...as much as people don't want to hear this, in the 11 years that have passed, more people are starting to come around and say that BD out performed PR that night and should have won. I am NOT saying EVERYONE is saying that. But it's certainly a lot more than in 2008.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Yes ma'am you are correct LMAO. But...……...as much as people don't want to hear this, in the 11 years that have passed, more people are starting to come around and say that BD out performed PR that night and should have won. I am NOT saying EVERYONE is saying that. But it's certainly a lot more than in 2008.  

I've always thought that Spartacus was overrated. The crowd is what won Phantom the championship that night. Take away the crowds enthusiasm and energy and you have a 4th place show.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

as much as people don't want to hear this, in the 11 years that have passed, more people are starting to come around and say that BD out performed PR that night and should have won. I am NOT saying EVERYONE is saying that. But it's certainly a lot more than in 2008.  

I must have not have been on the right social media sites or read all the DCP threads.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I must have not have been on the right social media sites or read all the DCP threads.

I've literally heard people say "Blue Devils performed amazingly but SPARTACUS!" 

20 minutes ago, Lance said:

babies turned this into the "________ should have won" thread

same old dcp

I wasn't even going to go there. You won't find a winning show in my all time top 5 list and my two favorite winning shows TIED another show for 1st.  I don't have any right to say who should have won- I have only seen finals live in person in 2012 and my seats were hardly favorable for judging all the components of the show.

Then you have shows that just hold up better over time even though in the moment you were more impressed by another show (for me this is 2015... Inferno was a monster live but I keep going back to Kinetic Noise). So a lot of factors there. 

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 1