Today starts the season! What is your favorite championship show?

The season begins today and until August current performances will have our attention...but for now...

What are your favorite championship winning shows?

I did some film review and my one answer is my gold standard for drum corps shows:

2000 Cadets- We are the Future- this show just has it all- great accessible music; difficult and fun to watch visuals; and some other fun moments that pull the audience in.

Other winning shows in my top 10 all time

1996 Phantom Regiment- A Defiant Heart- best show musically of all time. I just love the darkness of the sopranos in the low range.

1988 Madison Scouts- I'm not attached to the opener but this performance of Malaguena is my favorite piece in DCI history

1975 Madison Scouts- oh this show is just a ton of fun and the definition off Bad as$ from start to finish.

For the record the other responses in my family would be 91 star from my husband and 06 Cavaliers from my mom...but she loved 18 SCV too

One new, one old. 

2018 SCV - Babylon, what a way to end a 19 year old championship drought. The most perfect  drum corps performance I've ever witnessed. 

1976 Blue Devils  -  The first of many titles, but still my favorite BD show of all time. Just so far above everyone else that year .  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Oooh this one is soooooo hard.

It might be Cavies 1992, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, and 2019.

But Cavies have won each DCI season since 1972. Hahaha. 🙂

HM: Phantom Regiment 2008

2001 is an underrated Cavaliers Championship. It's one of the few years I feel there was a clear winning show that I could connect with that blew the competition away.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

1976 Blue Devils  -  The first of many titles, but still my favorite BD show of all time. Just so far above everyone else that year .  

My favorite BD show too🙂

Oh goodness this is too hard butttttt I'd have to go with

Cavaliers 2002

Bluecoats 2016

Phantom Regiment 2008

Blue Devils 2014

HM: Carolina Crown 2013

I have to admit I haven't seen a lot of championships shows but these have been my "on repeat" ever since I saw them!

Thank you for finding me! I've been on a desert island with only one drum corps CD and a boombox but curiously an electrical outlet in my grass hut, before leaving to return to civilization you would find a mix CD:

1986 Blue Devils

1987 Cadets

1988 Madison

• Like 2