Today starts the season! What is your favorite championship show?

My FAVORITE ( not best or most proficient or most demanding or most innovative ) championship DCI show ever:

1. Garfield Cadets, 1984 - West Side Story

- The drill and guard and percussion book might not hold up today, but that brass book certainly would. With this show you have one of the best ballads (and mello soloists), no concert number (something all the corps did back in the day), the music was arranged to perfection, and drill was revolutionary for its time, and you have one of the best endings in DCI for that era. 

Runner-Up 1: Star of Indiana 1991 and the greatest ending ever

Runner-Up 2: Phantom Regiment 2008 -my favorite show of the 2000s to now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boxingfred said:

Definitely a MASTERPIECE! From an artistic standpoint this is one of the best ever. I like 84 just a pinch better, but this is in my top 5 favorites of all time, for sure.

I'll also go by decades. But if I have to pick just one..... Man, that's tough. I'm going to go with Bloo 2016.

1983 Garfield - the first time I saw the Z pull I lost my mind. Love that show!

1986 BD - this show was like being hit by a musical freight train, what a monster!

1995 Cavies - Why? because PLANETS, that's why

2006 Cavies - Machine was just freakin' awesome as a concept and the show design really made that concept work

2008 Phantom - some folks will claim those of us who like this show just liked that BD lost. I actually loved BD's "Absurdity" show in 2008. A lot. But Spartacus 2008 was really well crafted, and the energy of Phantom's run up to championship night was just as electric as it could get

Crown 2013 - So much yummy stuff in this show that makes goosebumps happen for me

Bloo 2016 - Down Side Up was brilliant and made me want to watch it over and over again. And that makes it my #1 pick.

• Like 3

(Please read in the voice of Brent Crocker)

And in 3rd place... which is actually a 3 way tie for first place- alphabetical order-

Blue Devils 1982, Garfield Cadets 1984, and Phantom Regiment 2008!

Troopers 1970

😏

Edited by HockeyDad