DCI Tour Premier - Theater Impressions

First off, Crown was AMAZING!  There is so much potential in this incredibly cerebral show. Mathematics, concepts, shapes - wow.  The show concept this year is terrific. The best show design since Inferno and Relentless. Love the uniforms.  Oh, yes... the horn line, percussion, and music. All going to be there by the time the dust settles on the season. Fact is, there is more to Crown this year than just the brass (and percussion). This show is the total package - and was only the first show of the year!  In spite of being the first show, being within striking distance of Bluecoats in GE should give hope to all Crown fans for a medal-contending show.

Bluecoats show will be another fan favorite. Colors, props, costuming, amps, energy - all there. This show will be the delight of newbies to drum corps. Worth the price of the ticket alone.

Really enjoyed the Blue Stars show. Terrific design and staging out of the gate. 

Cadets - Costuming, props, and 2nd half of the show is what sticks out to me. Felt a little uncomfortable with the "attack" of the queen-looking character and the tearing off her costume by the snare player - someone earlier used the term "cringe worthy" - I'd have to agree.  Not sure how this one is going to play out.

Not much to add on BAC and Phantom. Although, I am looking forward to see how Boston fills out the show. 

Finally - I thought the theater announcing crew and corps guest interviews could have been a little better. Not much was added by their input. Would have loved to hear more about what to look for in each of the shows - concepts, movements, characters, design...  They offered a little, but not much. Sometimes they talked into the beginning of the corps' production.  The new analyst, Lindsey,  I think her name is - I keep hearing the word "ABSOLUTELY" ring in my ears. Next theater broadcast, the over/under on the word ABSOLUTELY should be 50. I'll take the over. You buy me the beer!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2