When was the last time Cavaliers beat BD in brass?

30 minutes ago, HolyNOLA said:

I would like to point out it's easy to have high brass scores when you only march like 10 sets. 

And I’d like to point out that I’m just a proud Popcorn eating dad of a Cavaliers Drum Major. I’ll pay closer attention to movement/playing tonight in Stanford.But at the end of the day, I don’t care. 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I was about to come over here and state the obvious -- can't compare scores from different shows. 

But wait ... the Cavies are out West this season. Wow!  Congrats!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

I was about to come over here and state the obvious -- can't compare scores from different shows. 

But wait ... the Cavies are out West this season. Wow!  Congrats!!!

They came out swinging. 

I have a feeling that they are going to have a season that everyone will remember.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Now, I have not seen the show yet... but I am pretty sure that no corps this season has just 10 sets.

It's a joke. For the longest time BD was known for having the least athletically demanding shows. Don't know about nowadays... it looks to me like overall set numbers and BPM are way down across the activity. 

Edited by HolyNOLA

55 minutes ago, HolyNOLA said:

It's a joke. For the longest time BD was known for having the least athletically demanding shows. Don't know about nowadays... it looks to me like overall set numbers and BPM are way down across the activity. 

Even when they were "known" for this, it was always BS. 

BD just makes it look easy because they're always so clean.

54 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

Even when they were "known" for this, it was always BS. 

BD just makes it look easy because they're always so clean.

Exactly. For years I was one of those that knew the fact that BD had an easy show. Letting go of that was eye opening. They have deserved everything they have ever gotten. Just as SCV deserved it last night.

2 hours ago, HolyNOLA said:

There are a few misconceptions here:

• The notion that DCI shows have to be the fastest, loudest, highest, and most demanding in music and drill is a poor way to look at competitive drum corps. Play great music and make the show work. 
  • The notion that less traditional marching somehow means less athletic and less demanding. That is false. In some way the combination of body movement, dance, jazz running, and traditional drill is WAY more difficult than just traditional drill. 

Watch the on-field cam that was on one of the soprano soloists from BD 2017 during a rehearsal. Not sure if this is still up. From that perspective you can see the physical nature of performance in music and movement, and you can hear the breathing.  Most people that have been out of the activity for some time, unless incredibly athletic, would not make it through the first tune of that show without huffing and puffing and playing like crap. 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1