Self indulgent shows

Just now, garfield said:

No, I’m brand new here and know nothing about any of theses bands. I’m only here to lurk and cause trouble.

/sarcasm

(Psst...I actually love Fini.)

Perhaps I misunderstood your comment. 🤷‍♂️

I would try to incorporate something about "shtick", garfield... but I'm at a loss for anything witty.

2 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Perhaps I misunderstood your comment. 🤷‍♂️

I would try to incorporate something about "shtick", garfield... but I'm at a loss for anything witty.

Your wit is sufficient and noted. It’s your sensitivity to oblique comments that’s on display.

And I’m not sure how you got from A show About Design Disasters to “Bluecoats are Narcissistic”.

BTW, they could call their shtick something witty like “Design Disasters, because the Bluecoats do bad design better than anyone”.

(Lighten up, Nancy.  It’s just June.)

13 hours ago, hostrauser said:

Hahaha! Even back in the 90s the June shows were "abstract messes." EVERYTHING is an abstract mess at this point in the season, that's always been the case. I withhold final judgment until August.

One of my favorite corps shirts was a Cadets shirt in the early 90's. It was a blurry version of their logo, with the caption "Don't worry, it will be clear in August"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ultimately, it's not about "self-indulgence", but "judge indulgence".

If the judges didn't reward these shows, the designers would do something they do reward.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, garfield said:

Your wit is sufficient and noted. It’s your sensitivity to oblique comments that’s on display.

And I’m not sure how you got from A show About Design Disasters to “Bluecoats are Narcissistic”.

BTW, they could call their shtick something witty like “Design Disasters, because the Bluecoats do bad design better than anyone”.

(Lighten up, Nancy.  It’s just June.)

Ouch, ouch... ouch

That's a remarkably un-light...ened way to tell someone to lighten up.

But you're the boss, chief.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Unpopular opinion: The 2008-13 era of BD has actually grown on me a lot.

I still love 2008 and 2009.

The others though...

How many artists works were universally panned at the outset only to be later looked upon as masterworks? Of course some never received critical acclaim, that is how art works. I'm sure many will groan at calling this activity art but that is what it is, a form of performance art in its own right. Maybe a stretch in this activity but I think it is something to think about and reference when viewing programs.

• Like 1