Zionsville, IN - Sunday, June 23, 2019

16 hours ago, goodmello said:

After they take her scepter, I don't understand what's supposed to be happening... it's rock solid drum corps though!

Really surprised that's still in there.  Deposing the queen and tossing her from group to group, stripping her clothes off?  Regardless of what's going on, it's a very uncomfortable thing to watch.  

Agreed the rest gets better.  I'd love for this year to be about the corps, rather than cringeworthy decisions made by a group of people who only want the best for the organization.

1 hour ago, NewToPosting said:

Really surprised that's still in there.  Deposing the queen and tossing her from group to group, stripping her clothes off?  Regardless of what's going on, it's a very uncomfortable thing to watch.  

Agreed the rest gets better.  I'd love for this year to be about the corps, rather than cringeworthy decisions made by a group of people who only want the best for the organization.

They don't rip her dress off or throw her down the stairs anymore. A snare steals her scepter and she runs down the stairs. This was said a few pages back multiple times. Calm down, they fixed it. 

6 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

They don't rip her dress off or throw her down the stairs anymore. A snare steals her scepter and she runs down the stairs. This was said a few pages back multiple times. Calm down, they fixed it. 

I don't know what show you were watching last night, but I saw them take off her wig, rip the front of her dress (still shows the old fashioned hoop shirt) pick her up carry her towards the stairs and then she went up the stairs - then she ran away down the back of the stairs ..Pretty much the same except they don't throw her or push her off the edge.  I want to like the show, But from the cadets it's cringeworthy ... and they can do better.

4 minutes ago, Fangirl71 said:

I don't know what show you were watching last night, but I saw them take off her wig, rip the front of her dress (still shows the old fashioned hoop shirt) pick her up carry her towards the stairs and then she went up the stairs - then she ran away down the back of the stairs ..Pretty much the same except they don't throw her or push her off the edge.  I want to like the show, But from the cadets it's cringeworthy ... and they can do better.

I didn't see any of that. I just saw them steal the scepter and she runs down the back of the stairs. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

I think I like this show a lot more than those at the top from out west. In comparison with BD and SCV, it seems that crown has far more visual content. Their drill is exquisite this year. Really love watching it.

I think Jeff Sacktig is once again proving that he is among the best in the activity at drill design. Crown's music book is incredible, and the demand of the whole show is top rate. I'd definitely have Crown right there with SCV and Bluecoats at the moment.  I know BD will eventually clean what they have an be in the discussion, too. Throw in Cavaliers and Boston and the fans are in for a treat. Having said that, I think both Bloo and Crown have the good to win. It will all come down to how they clean and tweak vs SCV and BD.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I think Jeff Sacktig is once again proving that he is among the best in the activity at drill design. Crown's music book is incredible, and the demand of the whole show is top rate. I'd definitely have Crown right there with SCV and Bluecoats at the moment.  I know BD will eventually clean what they have an be in the discussion, too. Throw in Cavaliers and Boston and the fans are in for a treat. Having said that, I think both Bloo and Crown have the good to win. It will all come down to how they clean and tweak vs SCV and BD.

Looking forward to the first Clash of all the corps.  It will all boil down to, "Who is the stronkest?"

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

I didn't see any of that. I just saw them steal the scepter and she runs down the back of the stairs. 

First of all, I'm incredibly calm about it.  No shouting, no exclamations, nothing.  It's shocking, particular given their recent past.  

I saw something completely different and I'm shocked it was still in the show.  Nothing to be calm about there.

39 minutes ago, NewToPosting said:

First of all, I'm incredibly calm about it.  No shouting, no exclamations, nothing.  It's shocking, particular given their recent past.  

I saw something completely different and I'm shocked it was still in the show.  Nothing to be calm about there.

Anyone know what have been the other-than-DCP reviews about that part of the show? 

Edited by OldSnareDrummer

59 minutes ago, NewToPosting said:

You just contradicted yourself big time, but moving on. 

It's not their recent past, it was one mans past and that man is gone. I think people need to stop reaching for something that just isn't there. This has nothing to do with George Hopkins, and the show to me is putting a major issue in in our face. Whether it makes you feel uncomfortable or not, it still remains a real world issue. I, for one, applaud them for bringing this issue to the surface.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Anyone know what have been the other-than-DCP reviews about that part of the show? 

Scattered hyperbole with a chance of indignation.  

If you are thinking about judges, though, I don't see how they could fairly apply a different set of rules to the Cadets than they do to any other corps.  

People should remember the competing corps members are not the perpetrators of the events that occurred.  If anything, they are indirect victims of those events.  

• Like 1