Sacramento, CA - Sunday, June 23, 2019

If I have one frustration with the Blue Devils its that being a west coaster I only get to see the skeleton Of their show. By the end of the season this show is going to be a monster. So much good going on and so much more room to work with. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

Is Mandarins' pre-show still as awkwardly long as it was last night? Otherwise I thought the show was incredible, but the pre-show seemed like it went on for longer than it needed to.

No, yesterday Mandarins started their pre-show based on the timing judge. Then it was pointed out that the timing judge's watch was 4 minutes fast.

• Like 1

First, thank you Cavaliers for coming west this year. It was a real pleasure to have you here. 

This is a wonderful show. My question is how well it can be expanded upon from now until finals. Unlike both the Mandarin and Blue Devils I don’t see as much room to make major additions.  

1 minute ago, Photographer Jim said:

First, thank you Cavaliers for coming west this year. It was a real pleasure to have you here. 

This is a wonderful show. My question is how well it can be expanded upon from now until finals. Unlike both the Mandarin and Blue Devils I don’t see as much room to make major additions.  

I am sure they have their plans 🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Photographer Jim said:

IMHO there's a ton of room to add stuff. The cabooses aren't even finished.

27 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Not a fan of violin in DCI... 🙂

I love the additional colors varied instruments bring to a show. Have not seen or heard BD, but for example I loved the Cadets violin soloist, and I thought she should have been used more in that show.

Then again, with the band I used to arrange for, I used a cello two years in a row, and I always tried to have different instruments and combinations perform features. One year was a tuba and piccolo duet, and another was an English Horn/temple block duet, as two other examples.   😃  

• Like 1