Sacramento, CA - Sunday, June 23, 2019

All I heard was SCV soloist!  looked like a cool  show but I couldn't even hear the drumline it was cranked so loud.  (BD's drumline  played circles around their triplet based playing it safe book)

Mandarins and Cavaliers were great!

Mandarins had the biggest jump in score over last nights scores at Stanford!  I am so enjoying the growth I’m seeing in this corps. These guys are focused. This is an aggressive show. If they can keep bringing the intensity I saw tonight, and keep making good choices about show changes, whoever is in sixth place in the rankings is going to feel the heat of this corps on their heels. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, IBTwist said:

ALSO not to forget about Open Class, I haven't seen BDB or SCVC (I'll see them in Bakersfield) but their percussion is INSANE. Seriously I watched their lots this past weekend and I was in awe especially at the front Ensemble of BDB and the battery of SCVC. SERIOUSLY quality stuff. Really fun to watch those guys and gals. Don't forget about Open class!!

posted from the DrumScorps app

SCVC and BDB are not touring beyond California this year and will not be at open class or world championships. That said, open class is better every year and shouldn't be ignored. I really enjoy their shows and look forward to seeing those shows premier but I don't know if they will have a true impact on top 12. Open class will definitely will have an impact on Semis, it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Those naughty little Devils are not going away. Passing SVC soon. 

Yep. BD right now looks sloppy as can be, especially by BD standards; and I love it. I love that they are slowly working these shows into shape. I believe they are working on something special this year. This should be a super fun show when all the transitions are in and when polished. Not sure if they will win, but placement aside this will be a killer good and entertaining show. 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Not comparing shows or scores, that's a no-no, but it's still weird to see Mandarins with a higher score than Cadets coming outta the first weekend. But i love it. Way to go Mandarins. Lets see where BK fits in to the mix next weekend. BK is no joke and will be ready. 

Certainly is great to see Mandarins doing so well. Scoring higher than Cadets is nice to see too, but probably the more difficult thing to do here is to get used to today's Cadets vs the old Garfield Cadets years. Having said that, I actually think Cadets will have a killer show and corps later this summer.  The show is a hot mess now due to many reasons, but the quality of performers is there and after carefully analyzing their Detroit performance I think they will shock people come late July.  I'm not saying they are top 6, but they are going to be really good. BUt I also want Mandarins back in the top 12 as well. They were awesome last year. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Photographer Jim said:

If I have one frustration with the Blue Devils its that being a west coaster I only get to see the skeleton Of their show. By the end of the season this show is going to be a monster. So much good going on and so much more room to work with. 

I actually love that BD is like this now. I know it can be frustrating for the local fans in Northern Cal early season. But even in its current state I enjoy BD's show very much. It's just a hot mess by their standards compared to where it's going to be. The potential general effect in this BD show could be amazing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

I actually love that BD is like this now. I know it can be frustrating for the local fans in Northern Cal early season. But even in its current state I enjoy BD's show very much. It's just a hot mess by their standards compared to where it's going to be. The potential general effect in this BD show could be amazing. 

and then their open class show gets moved to the delta but still called the Diablo Valley classic.  Classic bait and switch is more like it! Grrrrrr

6 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Those naughty little Devils are not going away. Passing SVC soon. 

Agree. Devs!

Liking your West Coast Corps, esp. Mandarins too! Looking forward to the BK show as well..

Pearls are a clutchin;.at DCP towne.

• Like 1