Sacramento, CA - Sunday, June 23, 2019

2 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

The question for SCV this season is whether talent/execution will overcome flaws in design.

What flaws in design? They're winning....

• Like 1

Woah, that Music spread.

Also, Mandarins developing into a force is just the best thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

What flaws in design? They're winning....

Perhaps flaw is a strong word, especially this early in the season. Perhaps shortcomings,  like uniform choice, or GE. But again, not a complete show. I guess because last season was so superior, that this season is not grabbing me like last year or Bluecoats 2019. 

Edited by Jeffe77
  • Like 1

Not comparing shows or scores, that's a no-no, but it's still weird to see Mandarins with a higher score than Cadets coming outta the first weekend. But i love it. Way to go Mandarins. Lets see where BK fits in to the mix next weekend. BK is no joke and will be ready. 

• Like 4

Great to see those Cavies and Mandarins scores. Thanks to everyone there who gave us some updates. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

Not comparing shows or scores, that's a no-no, but it's still weird to see Mandarins with a higher score than Cadets coming outta the first weekend. But i love it. Way to go Mandarins. Lets see where BK fits in to the mix next weekend. BK is no joke and will be ready. 

Also curious about Spirit of Atlanta. Anybody have reconnaissance on them? They had some very positive things going last season.  I believe their first performance is tomorrow. They're likely to be a bit lower in the rankings but could make things interesting come Indy. 

This is going to be a tight year no doubt. Top 5 will be super close unlike last year. I think that scv will end up taking it due to their execution but I think they really need to revisit fine aspects of their design to make it truly competitive for August. Thinking the closer will be the true life of the show hopefully.

I'm typically not a BD fan, but this year's show is the best I've seen from them in the past 4 years. I REALLY dug it. Super entertaining. Just need to clean up a bit.

I'm not sure that cavies will be in the top 5 come August, but their show is really entertaining and it's totally cavies which is always enjoyable. Percussion not AS strong as last year but still strong, and their brass is PHENOMENAL.

Not a huge fan of mandies tbh, it felt very "one note" in terms of design throughout the entire first half.I got bored but it's a cool concept And it does pick up later on the show.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Edited by IBTwist
  • Like 1