How about a little Love for Open Class?

How about showing a little excitement for the Open Class Corps?

It was a great opening week for World Class and a few Open Class Corps. 

Last week we saw BDB, BDC, SCV Cadets, Golden Empire, and Colt Cadets in their first shows of the year.

This week will debut Encorps, Raiders, Incognito, Impulse, Watchmen, Vessel, Gold, 7th Regiment, and Spartans

The next week we will see Arsenal, Battalion, Columbians, Heat Wave, Legends, and River City Rhythm

After next week: Guardians, Louisiana Stars, Shadow, Southwind, Les Stentors?

Hope I did not forget anyone (if so, sorry)

Who is up?  Who is down? What will  happen?

• Like 4

There will be some excitement, it just takes a little longer to get there.  I saw BDB, BDC, and SCV Cadets on Flo. I'll never see them in person this year, which is too bad. In person, I saw 7th Regiment and Spartans marching at the Bunker Hill day parade in Boston. 

Has anybody heard if Les Stentors is going to championship this year...or Impulse?  Also, who else is coming that hasn't been there previous years? 

Encorps, Incognito, Watchmen, Vessel, Arsenal, Battalion, Columbians...any of them?  Any International Corps?

Guardians get started in Memphis on 7/13, just in time to swing back through Texas.  We have laaate move ins, so we're still putting pieces together.  Much more experienced group, though, than last season, and they're handling it like champs.

Mike

• Like 1

Les Stentors are scheduled for shows in NH and NY but I don't see them in DCI's pull down menu...also. they are not listed for Open Class Prelims either.  Very strange.

55 minutes ago, MikeN said:

We have laaate move ins, so we're still putting pieces together.

Yes, same here. Plus all sorts of logistical issues to work through. When I see where we are at this time every year, I find it amazing how things come together in the last two weeks before championships.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sanjoseDCfan said:

Les Stentors are scheduled for shows in NH and NY but I don't see them in DCI's pull down menu...also. they are not listed for Open Class Prelims either.  Very strange.

They may be going to one or not the other.  Of course, occasionally there are errors on the DCI schedule as well. 

3 hours ago, sanjoseDCfan said:

After a year off, I could see them wanting to keep to a limited schedule this time.

While OC hasn't cranked up in my part of the country yet, I will say that SCVC looks awesome. THAT'S the way you make a modern uniform identifiable!

Oh, while I'm here - Go Spartans, 7th, and Raiders!

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Just wondering how both BDB and SCVC absence from Open Class fair will limit the excitement for open class. Obviously there will be a brand new champ but BDB and SCVC absence is huge as they were the dominate corps for a decade. 

Good question.  I always saw a huge amount of excitement for every corps at Michigan City.  Obviously, there'll be fewer BDB and SCVC fans, but that's the only difference I forsee. While the corps were dominate in the competition, their fan base wasn't any bigger at those shows. It's possible also that the change of venue this year, closer to Indianapolis, might draw more fans overall. 

• Like 1