How about a little Love for Open Class?

On 6/29/2019 at 8:42 AM, sanjoseDCfan said:

Was Impulse at the show last night?  I don't see a score for them.

They were at the Rose Bowl.  Their score was announced.  Why is it not appearing on DCI.org?  You can see a gap in the placements in both the score list and the recap.

15 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

They were at the Rose Bowl.  Their score was announced.  Why is it not appearing on DCI.org?  You can see a gap in the placements in both the score list and the recap.

They fixed it now.

Arsenal and Phenom were scheduled to debut in AZ last night, were they there?

This week these corps will compete for the first time in 2019: River City Rhythm (7/2), Battalion (7/5), Legends (7/5), Columbians (7/5), and Heat Wave (7/6)

Next week:  Louisiana Stars (7/8), Southwind (7/8), Shadow (7/12), Guardians (7/13), 

Week after: Les Stentors (7/17)

Good luck to all!

• Like 2

Interesting that Impulse, Vessel, and Watchmen will all have shows this year after Blue Devils B and Vanguard Cadets are done for the season.

Was there ever a good explanation offered for why BDB and SCVC decided to abandon championships this year, after doing so well there for the past decade?

I count 24 corps participating in Open Class this year, with 14 of them in championships.

In some past years, when there were only 14 corps in Indiana, they all played in Finals, albeit two of them were in exhibition. Wil that happen this year?

7 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Interesting that Impulse, Vessel, and Watchmen will all have shows this year after Blue Devils B and Vanguard Cadets are done for the season.

Was there ever a good explanation offered for why BDB and SCVC decided to abandon championships this year, after doing so well there for the past decade?

https://www.dci.org/news/blue-devils-b-vanguard-cadets-plan-regional-tours-for-2019

SCVC and BDB announced they were going back to regional only at the end of last season. Cost, and to have a greater impact on the local community. BDB restricts membership to California members only as well.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 5:10 AM, sanjoseDCfan said:

This week these corps will compete for the first time in 2019: River City Rhythm (7/2), Battalion (7/5), Legends (7/5), Columbians (7/5), and Heat Wave (7/6)

Next week:  Louisiana Stars (7/8), Southwind (7/8), Shadow (7/12), Guardians (7/13), 

Week after: Les Stentors (7/17)

Looking forward to the Open Class show in Nashua, NH on 7/20. It will be a larger show with 7th Regiment, Legends, Spartans, the return of Les Stentors, and this year adding Heat Wave and Southwind! 

I actually think OC is more exciting this year without BDB/SCVC attending. It gives everyone without massive parent organizations some time to shine!

I know we're all curious about the Spartans/Gold battle for first, but I think Legends should be in that mix unless they prove otherwise. While they dropped a bit last season, they spent the two seasons before that finishing in 3rd behind BDB & SCVC. I'm very curious to see how they do this season --- if they remain competitive after dropping out of Semis last year and almost folding before the tour was over the year before that, then they will have demonstrated they are a rock solid organization who is sticking around for good.

As of now, though, the only video I've been able to catch of these predicted top 3 is Gold....and hot #### do they look & sound good! Clearly building upon last year's wildly successful season. I know Spartans will be right there as well --- they have demonstrated consistency in the ranking more than any other OC corps over the past decade (well, outside of BDB/SCVC)

Of course, always curious to see what fabulously insane show Guardians pull out of their sleeves. Sounds like 7R is off to a great start, and I'm looking forward to seeing Louisiana Stars join them as the two super musical groups. Looking forward to seeing RCR's & Southwind's growth as well!

Tonight we add Louisiana Stars, Southwind, and Heat Wave to the mix!

Guardians and Shadow debut at the end of this week then Les Stentors on July 17.  I think that is everybody, if not let me know.