How about a little Love for Open Class?

22 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Saw a video of Columbians, man that's a fun show.  I can't wait to see them and The Battalion make the trip to Indy (if they ever decide to do so).  Both of them would be VERY solidly in finals.  

Columbians have the shortest season, less than ten days I think. It would be great if they could get to the mid-July west coast shows in the next few years.

Guardians are just getting over a bout of stomach illness, so we had to push our preview night back to Wednesday, then board buses for tour on Thursday.  The show is coming together - it's definitely a new look and style for us.

Mike

3 hours ago, MikeN said:

You're 25% correct...  🙂

Mike

Okay, I am intrigued. I cant wait for OC tour. 

If I had asked you to describe the 2017 show two years and a month ago, I would have thought you were joking if you had said ball caps, sneakers, and Kanye West. I would have been like: "Okay, don't tell me then"

• Haha 1

Guardians hit the road today!  (Finally!)

Had an amazing preview show last night.  We were housing in Ganado, TX (south of Victoria), and for a town of about 2,000 - we had roughly 500 in the audience!  Funny enough, it was also my first time seeing the show.  I like it a lot!  The kids made it look easy, which was no mean feat due to the heat (over 100 most of the day, finally down in the high 80's once the sun went down).

First performance is Saturday in Memphis - likely won't have the closer due to the earlier stomach bug delays.  We oughta have the fully operational battle station ready in time for Texas though.

Mike

• Like 1

There is a video of Spartans up on Facebook from about two weeks ago.  

VERY Bluecoats 2016 vibe to me and I mean that in the best of ways.  Super exciting music program from them this year.  They sound really good for that early, which is late June.  

Between them and Gold the top of Open Class is gonna be just as fun as ever.  Legends have potential too, just needs to keep growing.  

On 7/8/2019 at 11:04 AM, N.E. Brigand said:

Columbians have the shortest season, less than ten days I think. It would be great if they could get to the mid-July west coast shows in the next few years.

Yeah, according to the DCI site, they only have 6 this year.  I wonder if there are any plans to expand their tour or if they are only keeping it to a small amount of shows?  Battallion seems to have come on board a few years later & taken on a few more shows.  They are a little more centrally located between CA & CO though, which might make the difference.