How about a little Love for Open Class?

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

Looking at semis, three make it by default.  That’ll be Spartans, Gold, and Legends for sure in my eyes.  Given where Seattle Cascades are at, looking like four.   And who that fourth one could be.......who knows.   That will be fun to watch.

Southwind, baby.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cpg35223 said:

Southwind, baby.

That looks to be the case right now, which I would love.  They blew me away out of nowhere in 2017.  Their 2000 show is still a favorite of mine, that ballad is just 😍

Has been awesome seeing them back.  

OC definitely seems to be separating into distinct tiers right now.  Not a bad thing, more of a "huh."  Guardians are kind of in this no-man's land behind LA Stars but ahead of Shadow.  

We're playing an exhibition in Dixon on Wednesday - the show got cancelled months ago, but we're playing as part of a community festival - it will be a good time!

Mike

On 7/26/2019 at 6:30 AM, DrumManTx said:

I've seen a video of Vessel, The Battalion, Columbians, etc.  

Man, a lot of those regional touring corps are awesome.  

Thanks for noticing. 🙂

Battalion was absolutely killer on the field during their California swing, and perhaps more importantly, their members were well mannered, disciplined and polite young men and women. 

No SCVC/BDB. Gold is gonna win. 

Edited by LeftCoastCupcake
TL:DR

Encorps seems to be holding up OK for a first year corps with some long gaps between performance dates.

• Like 1

Tonight is the 1st battle between Gold and Spartans. 

Who looks good for the Gold medal going into Championships?  Will Legends have a last minute surge and be a spoiler when they all meet up in a few days? 

Stay tuned!

• Like 1

DCI put up a quick little interview with Spartans. I knew the corps went inactive for a bit, but I didn't realize this was their tenth season back as an Open Class corps, hence, Experiment X (Ten). I love that nod to their growth! I'm still waiting to catch a current(ish; I'm not a choosey beggar) video of their show...everything I've heard sounds like they're on fire this year and have really gone above & beyond their normal offerings.

Add me to this list of super curious to see how the Gold/Spartans match up goes tonight!!!! It sounds like both corps are hot this year!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

My gut feeling is that Gold has been a little low at their last few shows, but we will find out tonight!  

With no close competitors like when they were on the west coast, their scores have dipped, but they have a great chance to rectify that tonight against the Spartans.