How about a little Love for Open Class?

I just wanna see this Spartans show, the music is awesome and with how good their guard usually is I’m sure the visual package is great too.  I feel like they’ll really make some noise in semifinals.  They’re scoring ahead of where they have every year since the score change, and I’m sure they’re gonna pass their 77s they scored in 2014. 

I feel like with how close Gold was scoring to Vanguard Cadets a few weeks ago and how Spartans are doing the gap between 2nd and 3rd would have been a lot smaller.  The quality just keeps going up every year.  I’m sure what groups like RCVR, Louisiana Stars, etc. is just getting stronger too.  Can’t wait for Monday. 

So looks like Spartans are leading the pack right now with Gold potentially a sliver above Legends in 3rd.  Where things will get really interesting is there are about four corps scoring in the 69 - 71 range and Golden Empire only about three points behind Gold back in California.  They rejoin on Friday.  

5 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

So looks like Spartans are leading the pack right now with Gold potentially a sliver above Legends in 3rd.  Where things will get really interesting is there are about four corps scoring in the 69 - 71 range and Golden Empire only about three points behind Gold back in California.  They rejoin on Friday.  

Just look at how close the scores are for the groups looking to take that 25th spot...a nail biter!

8 hours ago, sanjoseDCfan said:

Golden Empire rejoins the fray tonight for the first time since 7/20 and could be a spoiler for those vying for that 25th spot.

That they could!! I'm incredibly curious to see where they land. It does look that after Gold joined the Midwest tour, it showed the West Coast OC scores a few weeks ago were nicely inflated. Gold took a big hit to their score and spent the next two weeks building back up. If Golden Empire is still behind Gold by similar margins, they would indeed be vying for 4th with Southwind and RCR, and then of course vying for 25th with Cascades. I'm excited to see where they land tonight!

Man, when everyone meets up things will be very interesting.  Spartans are on top with Gold and Legends in 2nd/3rd.  Then after that you have:

• Southwind
  • Louisiana Stars
  • 7th Regiment
  • Guardains
  • Golden Empire
  • River City Rhythm

All scoring within about two points of eachother.  Southwind appears to be the leader of that pack right now, but who knows once everyone meets up.  Going to be exciting!  

• Like 2

Tonight is the last 2 shows of the Open Class tour before Championships on Monday. 

Last show for everyone to make their last minute moves!

Good Luck to all!!