How about a little Love for Open Class?

I understand that everyone is breathless over the World Class regionals, however in case you haven't noticed the Open Class has been touring as well!  Also, Flo only has shown the CA OC Corps.  Next year they need to get to 1 or 2 Open Class shows.

Again, How about a Little Love for Open Class?

The long awaited first matchup between Gold and Spartans takes place this Wed in Farmington, MN

Tonight the two OC tours have shows in Plymouth, IN and Storm Lake, IA

OC Prelims are 1 week from today, lets cheer them on for the final push.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, sanjoseDCfan said:

OC Prelims are 1 week from today, lets cheer them on for the final push.

I'm excited! We're keeping up with everything on the OC tour, we'll be travelling to Avon Lake for the Shoreman Brass Classic (this is the furthest from home I've gone for a non-championship show). Then on to Marian, IN for the Championships! 

I am going to be giving OC prelims and finals my full attention on Monday and Tuesday next week, I have had a blast watching the last two years.  I am so glad that they decided to broadcast this again.

It is an early Christmas to get to see nearly 15 shows I haven’t seen most of the summer that are being performed at a higher level every year.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kkrepps said:

I'm excited! We're keeping up with everything on the OC tour, we'll be travelling to Avon Lake for the Shoreman Brass Classic (this is the furthest from home I've gone for a non-championship show). Then on to Marian, IN for the Championships! 

Avon Lake is such a fantastically-run show (I believe it's Open Class Director Dave Eddleman's band that runs it). The venue is great, and it's a well-oiled machine, show-wise. And there's always an amazing, huge, responsive crowd. It's definitely one of my favorite spots on the OC tour. I really think you'll enjoy it.

6 hours ago, sanjoseDCfan said:

I understand that everyone is breathless over the World Class regionals, however in case you haven't noticed the Open Class has been touring as well!  Also, Flo only has shown the CA OC Corps.  Next year they need to get to 1 or 2 Open Class shows. 

I encourage you to email Flo with your thoughts about this. I did, last season. And I'm curious to see what their response would be to you as compared to the one I received last summer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I am going to be giving OC prelims and finals my full attention on Monday and Tuesday next week, I have had a blast watching the last two years.  I am so glad that they decided to broadcast this again.

It is an early Christmas to get to see nearly 15 shows I haven’t seen most of the summer that are being performed at a higher level every year.  

That's a great way to think about it, 15 new shows to see next week!

• Like 1

No OC shows tonight.  However, there is one OC corps competing tonight - Encorps.

Tomorrow night is the big showdown between Gold and Spartans finally.

2 hours ago, sanjoseDCfan said:

No OC shows tonight.  However, there is one OC corps competing tonight - Encorps.

Tomorrow night is the big showdown between Gold and Spartans finally.

Get it, Spartans!!!!!

Looking at semis, three make it by default.  That’ll be Spartans, Gold, and Legends for sure in my eyes.  Given where Seattle Cascades are at, looking like four.   And who that fourth one could be.......who knows.   That will be fun to watch.