Evansville, IN - Monday, June 24, 2019

Spirit is on the field. Nice goth look.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Starts again at 8:22 CST. Gotta dry the props off.

And oh yeh, the instruments, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remember competing in the U.S. Open in Marion, OH.  I think it was '77.  It started pouring on us while we performed.  We kept playing.  Judges kept judging.  We got a score and came in 2nd to the Toronto Optimists who performed after us with no rain.  To this day, I remember (1) the rain drops furiously bouncing off of my horn (2) how heavy our pants got when they were soaked (3) riding to our next stop overnight surrounded by wet uniforms.

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 5

Marched a BOA show where it POURED during the AM show for prelims.  Nice old fashioned polyester/wool uniforms soaked all the way through.  We stripped down to whatever layer we could get away with in the band bus (and were forbidden to leave the busses) and hung them up inside the busses to try to dry.  The smell was just terrible.  

Then put them on, still damp and nasty, and marched the night show in what must have been only the upper to mid 50s temps wise with a stiff breeze.  It felt super cold and chilling.  

Terre Haute...good old ISU stadium.

• Like 1

Spirit has about 200 staff members all in matching shirts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

I remember competing in the U.S. Open in Marion, OH.  I think it was '77.  It started pouring on us while we performed.  We kept playing.  Judges kept judging.  We got a score and came in 2nd to the Toronto Optimists who performed after us with no rain.  To this day, I remember (1) the rain drops furiously bouncing off of my horn (2) how heavy our pants got when they were soaked (3) riding to our next stop overnight surrounded by wet uniforms.

Would have been the Seneca Optimists if it was 1977. Mellow Yellow.