Evansville, IN - Monday, June 24, 2019

Weird that we’re talking about Finals comebacks when the corps in question was beaten by another corps that just a few short years ago was on the cusp of financial ruin, and not too far from not even making it past Prelims.

If Spirit can stage such a comeback in less than half a decade, so too can Phantom.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I agree. Funny it happened to Marian Catholic on the high school side this year of not making finals in many years.  

The season is just starting so let’s see where this goes. 

I hate to say it, but I was kind of happy to see them out of finals. There were a few years I didn't think they should have made finals but did because of their name. I enjoyed Jenks much more than I have ever with Marian Catholic.

• Like 3

I know everyone is talking about the scores for PR, but that is a heck of score for Crown!  The show is coming along well and it’s one of my favorites this year with the approach to solid brass playing and an actual drill that has the corps moving.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Weird that we’re talking about Finals comebacks when the corps in question was beaten by another corps that just a few short years ago was on the cusp of financial ruin, and not too far from not even making it past Prelims.

If Spirit can stage such a comeback in less than half a decade, so too can Phantom.

Kinda crazy that just 4 years ago Spirit was eating a post-show meal off the Troopers food truck because SOA couldn't pay the food bill at the time. The correlation between financial health and competitive success is not always a straight line, it seems.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, mort2885 said:

Let’s be real. This year’s PR show is infinitely worse than last year’s, and last year’s show was unwatchable. I feel bad for the corps members. They don’t deserve this. 

I actually like PR better this year

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:
3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

It's been around on the interwebs for some time.  Not sure why it got picked up so fast here.

I legitimately thought it was a typo when I first saw it yesterday.

Whoever coined it is a genkus!

Edited by jordsterr

2 minutes ago, Ediker said:

I actually like PR better this year

I do agree, but their recent scoring trends have made it clear that the activity has simply passed them by.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mort2885 said:

Let’s be real. This year’s PR show is infinitely worse than last year’s, and last year’s show was unwatchable. I feel bad for the corps members. They don’t deserve this. 

Actually, I have to respectfully disagree. Yes last year was a train wreck, no question. But this at least had potential for something decent. Now we wait and see what happens.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mjoakes said:

And also: I don’t get the Joan thing. Just enjoyed the music and showmanship.

"I am Joan!" seems like a distant echo of "I am Spartacus!"

• Like 2