Evansville, IN - Monday, June 24, 2019

26 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Scores will be 120 by finals 

percussion scores the last couple days mind numbing 

every year someone says something like this, and every year the scores never get higher than 100.  maybe people should stop saying something is going to happen that is actually impossible.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mort2885 said:

Sure, it’s more relatable I guess, but still fundamentally terribly designed. 

True, but last year there was really nothing they could do to make the design better. Do I think they will improve the design enough to remain a top 12 corps? Wish I could say yes to that with confidence.

11 minutes ago, bluecoats88 said:

every year someone says something like this, and every year the scores never get higher than 100.  maybe people should stop saying something is going to happen that is actually impossible.

Agreed.

They will be 115, tops.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Scores will be 120 by finals 

percussion scores the last couple days mind numbing 

They will all even and adjust come regionals. When all are at the same competition then we'll know who is where and who needs to improve. 

50 minutes ago, bluecoats88 said:

every year someone says something like this, and every year the scores never get higher than 100.  maybe people should stop saying something is going to happen that is actually impossible

it's a JOKE - but the scores do seem to be rapidly going up

I mean 3 points in 2 days is a ton - normally that jump would happen when a corps adds the closer for the first time or something

Typically 0.3-0.5 pts per day or competition historically 

46 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

True, but last year there was really nothing they could do to make the design better. Do I think they will improve the design enough to remain a top 12 corps? Wish I could say yes to that with confidence.

I guess the real question is (if Spirit is the 12 spot) “can they make their show better than Spirit’s?” Probably not. Spirit’s show is designed and performed better, and still has significant things to change with the show. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, c mor said:

Stronkitis, Stronkosis, Stronkulence, Stronkiment, Stronking, Stronked, Stronkster, Stronkular, Stronkle, Stronkiliscious, Stronkies, Stronklemen....

add yours....

Oh hmm.  This revitalizes it for me.  The strange declension of words is one of my more fun language games.  Stronkulated. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bluecoats88 said:

Years ago in the Eastern Massachusetts circuit, scores did exceed 100.  So it is not impossible. 

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

it's a JOKE - but the scores do seem to be rapidly going up

I mean 3 points in 2 days is a ton - normally that jump would happen when a corps adds the closer for the first time or something

Typically 0.3-0.5 pts per day or competition historically 

Will we see a San Antonio reset of sorts?  With fewer shows this year for each corps maybe there is an adjustment happening?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Will we see a San Antonio reset of sorts?  With fewer shows this year for each corps maybe there is an adjustment happening?

I would expect DCI to put the brakes on after this week if it continues 

• Like 1